Boyfriend Sock #2

March 21, 2007 @ 11:45 pm

Like the pooling?

A dear friend of mine in Seattle has a birthday coming up and I decided to knit him socks. This will be the first time I’m knitting socks for someone other than me or Michael. I didn’t want to do plain socks, but didn’t want it to be overly flashy. There isn’t a whole lot of selection for men’s socks. Why can’t men wear lace patterns??? So I opted for the boyfriend sock that I last knitted for Michael. It was between that and the Bavarian Twisted Stitch, but the BTS would’ve taken a lot longer. He said that he likes olive and tan colors, so this was the closest that I had to that. It is Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock in Baltic Sea colorway. The pinkish color comes out more than I would like and there’s some interesting swirly pooling going on. I hope that he’ll like it. He promised that no matter how hideous he thinks it is he’ll wear it and I will also make him take “Seattley” pictures with it (since he’s also a photographer). Maybe even a whole collage around it. Heh.

Comment by jiva

Made on Thursday, March 22nd, 2007 @ 10:25 am

love the turquoise stripy line. looks like a great colour way on that yarn.

Comment by Bob

Made on Thursday, March 22nd, 2007 @ 2:40 pm

Yea Baby! I can’t wait to slip my feet into these boyfriends.

Comment by Shannon

Made on Thursday, March 22nd, 2007 @ 3:23 pm

These are turning out great! I love the color and the way it is pooling around the sock.

Comment by Ingrid

Made on Friday, March 23rd, 2007 @ 2:33 pm

Wow – that is gorgeous yarn – I love the colours and like the way it is knitting up! I also love your felted bags – I think I am going to have to do one now. The yarn you sent me will felt well – I might just have to copy!

Comment by Amanda

Made on Friday, March 23rd, 2007 @ 3:43 pm

Normally I’m not a fan of Lorna’s Laces, but that’s a gorgeous colorway!