Gothic Spires completed

April 25, 2007 @ 8:20 pm

I’m done, done, done!!!

Don’t you just love the color?

View of the heel

Finished these for my secret pal! Woo hoo! It was very tedious to complete, not because the pattern was hard, but because it just took a long time to knit! But I’m glad I did it and I hope that it fits my SP. Keep your fingers crossed! Since the socks don’t fit me, I had to get my neighbor to model them for me.

On the second sock, I was able to do the yarn wraps without a cable needle by accident. I was at stitch n bitch and forgot my cable needle and no one else had one. So I just slipped the stitches back and forth between needles. It was slow at first but after awhile I got the hang of it and it may have been faster than using a cable needle.

I don’t think I will be doing this one again anytime soon. I love everything about it but I was really needing some quick knits in between. And since I am a one or two project gal, it was really taking a LONG time and I was fantasizing about all these other projects I could be knitting.

Pattern: Gothic Spire by CookieA
Yarn: Wollmeise sock yarn in Gewitterhimmel
Needles: Knit Picks circs US2 (magic loop)
Started: March 30, 2007
Completed: April 24, 2007

Comment by Holly

Made on Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007 @ 10:24 pm

Absolutely stunning. I have the pattern, fairly high on my to do list. You might just have bumped it up.

-Holly
Heidelberg

Comment by fbz

Made on Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007 @ 11:53 pm

oh. my. these are incredibly gorgeous in this colorway. i am SO JEALOUS of your secret pal. you’re sure i’m not your secret pal? dang. wow again.

Comment by knittingphilistine

Made on Thursday, May 3rd, 2007 @ 12:26 am

Whoa, what a very lucky SP! I am SURE your SP will heart them to no end. They’re beautiful.

Made on Thursday, May 3rd, 2007 @ 4:56 am

So scrumptious! I love the way this colorway comes out knitted up.

Comment by Sara

Made on Thursday, May 3rd, 2007 @ 1:57 pm

those are gorgeous socks! i admire your ability to stick with it. you SP will love them.

Comment by Ulli

Made on Friday, May 4th, 2007 @ 8:49 am

Those are the best socks I’ve ever seen so far! Absolutly beautiful! Two thumbs up!

Comment by Betty

Made on Thursday, May 24th, 2007 @ 3:04 pm

you did a wonderful job! Is that in the medium shade or dark shade of Gewitterhimmel? So beautiful…must have some!