Lovin’ my first STR

April 25, 2007 @ 2:23 am

Just wanted to chime in here and let you know that I couldn’t stand it and cast on the STR yarn that I got for the April kit. Let me just say…it…is……..HAWESOME! I wouldn’t normally buy this yarn (I’m a 100% merino gal) and I probably wouldn’t make this pattern, but the combination…it’s addictive! The silk adds a nice shimmer when knitted up. The cast on was kind of weird, or at least I haven’t done it that way before, but ooh, I just love it so far!!! Just a warning (and spoiler)!

Made on Wednesday, April 25th, 2007 @ 4:16 am

hehe I bet it is good stuff! Hope to see some pics of the process. :)

Made on Wednesday, April 25th, 2007 @ 10:07 am

You are also such an enabler…and I’m getting jealous that I’m not in the STRC….oh well, I’ll just go back to fondling my Wollmeise yarns now. :-p

Comment by Lisa G

Made on Wednesday, April 25th, 2007 @ 2:31 pm

I am so glad that you posted the details of the April kit. Being able to see the texture of the stitch pattern is fantastic! I’m not sure how you managed to stop knitting on them, for a giant domestic Thank You as I wait for the mailman.

Comment by Pensguys

Made on Wednesday, April 25th, 2007 @ 2:58 pm

Oh MY! I can’t WAIT for mine to get here! HOW will I ever finish the pair of boring socks I’m working on now???? hee hee

Comment by Wannietta

Made on Wednesday, April 25th, 2007 @ 3:47 pm

They look wonderful! I wonder if BMFA made a double batch so that we can order an extra skein to do the knee-highs.

Comment by Mia

Made on Wednesday, April 25th, 2007 @ 4:38 pm

I am anxiously waiting to receive mine here in the States. I keep checking my account to see if it has been shipped yet. :(

But than I am just getting ready to start Monsoon. And I still have socks from last year’s Club to knit up.

Comment by daisyduck

Made on Wednesday, April 25th, 2007 @ 10:16 pm

I can hardly stand seeing the new kit and not having mine yet in Alabama!!!
Please email me and tell me what size needles the pattern calls for so I can make sure I am ready to knit when it arrives.
THANKS!!!

Comment by bobbi

Made on Thursday, April 26th, 2007 @ 12:27 am

I got my package today and seeing you sock so far, I can’t wait
what you have done so far is great.

Comment by Miss Plumbean

Made on Friday, April 27th, 2007 @ 1:44 pm

Am I missing something? Did you mention what kind of yarn that is? It is beauteous:)

Comment by Kelly

Made on Saturday, April 28th, 2007 @ 12:32 am

I am struggling the toe up part — picking up those stitches is tough going. Your sock is beautiful!