WIP: Grasshopper 1 side done!

April 27, 2007 @ 10:21 am

Bottom of foot
Grasshopper how I love thee!

This is a really fast knit. I only did one increase section on the leg because I don’t like socks too high. Even then it still is kinda long (for me) so it slouches a bit. But still, I’m happy with the way it pooled into nice stripes and I’m in love with the color. If I had to do it again, I would either do the smaller size or use size US1 needles and not even do the increases and keep it to ankle socks.

Made on Friday, April 27th, 2007 @ 10:35 am

So, can you hop like a grasshopper now? :-p

Comment by Alice Yu

Made on Friday, April 27th, 2007 @ 11:36 am

Oh lovely sock – so LECKER! :) And man you are fast! I am just starting the lace pattern… but oh it is sooooo purdy.

Alice

Comment by M

Made on Friday, April 27th, 2007 @ 3:30 pm

That’s a lovely color! Yummy yarn :)

Comment by Carrie

Made on Friday, April 27th, 2007 @ 5:12 pm

Your sock looks great–I love the stripes and the lacy top. I’m hoping to cast on mine this weekend, but I need to free up some needles first!

Comment by Rhonda the Stitchingnut

Made on Friday, April 27th, 2007 @ 5:21 pm

I’m only half done on the 1st one [work gets in the way darn] but I can’t wait to be wearing these. Aren’t they lovely? I hate to even put them down!

Comment by Lexy

Made on Friday, April 27th, 2007 @ 6:48 pm

OoooO! I can’t wait to get my kit (It’s already arrived but I have it mailed to a super secret location and I haven’t gone to pick it up yet)

The socks are absolutely gorgeous, the color the patern ::sigh:: thanks for the spoiler (I love them!)

Comment by Mandy

Made on Friday, April 27th, 2007 @ 8:18 pm

wow. i am impressed that you’re done so fast!! i just got mine. your socks look great!

Comment by jazzmatazz

Made on Friday, April 27th, 2007 @ 10:19 pm

Those are some purty socks. I’m waiting for the circs to come in the mail, but I’m loving the blogs.

Comment by Tanya

Made on Saturday, April 28th, 2007 @ 12:53 am

Really beautiful! I was wondering, what is your foot circumference and what size did you do? Hope that isn’t too personal ;-)

Thanks!!