A little disappointment (not anymore)

May 2, 2007 @ 12:08 pm
Filed under: rants

UPDATE: After writing this (like the next day!), Jenn posted in her blog that she sent the letter last week! So my foot is going directly in my mouth. Can’t wait to get it!!! Thanks Jenn and I sincerely apologize for being very impatient and a big jerk…

So, I participated in Domesticat’s Knitterly letter swap and I received a lovely letter from Carin in NY who I was assigned to, but I haven’t heard back from Jenn in AR. I am a little sad about that. She is an English grad student and so not hearing back from her makes me feel like my letter wasn’t good enough to reply to. I even knitted her a wee tiny sock too!!! I know I’m not the greatest of writers and my letter may not have been that interesing but still… I mean, it could be that she is busy with papers and school and what not, but I also think that if you sign up for something, you need to do what you’ve committed to. I’m not mad, just a little disappointed. So Jenn, if you find this, I am still holding out hope that you’ll write – just a short letter would be good! :)

Or maybe I just complain too much… Or maybe I haven’t given it enough time. I sent her letter on April 12, and she got it sometime before the 19th. So it’s been almost 2 weeks. Maybe wait 1 more week?

Comment by elan

Made on Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007 @ 2:15 pm

I didn’t hear back from the person I wrote to either, I wondered if it was delayed because it had to cross the border but I wrote to her the day I got her name. I got a great letter & sent one back to the lady assigned to write to me, I’m kinda hoping to keep in touch with her, maybe they just got lost in the mail.

Comment by Rachael

Made on Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007 @ 3:16 pm

I would give her more time before you think she’s not going to reply. This week & next week are finals week for most colleges & she’s probably right in the middle of a 20 page term paper. Trust me, I work at a college and the students go a little batty this time of year!!

Made on Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007 @ 5:39 pm

I say wait one more week. She probably is busy or maybe is a procrastinator. I send things at the last minute usually. Not because I don’t want to, but because I want to make sure I do my best by that person. And, I am forgetful. lol

If she doesn’t send one because your letter wasn’t up to her standards that would be just plain rude. And I cannot imagine a knitter who would be that rude and uppity! Can you? :)

Comment by domesticat

Made on Thursday, May 3rd, 2007 @ 5:43 pm

Your pen pal left a message for you here:

She sent her letter last week. I’m sure you’ll be getting it soon!

Comment by Jenn

Made on Friday, May 4th, 2007 @ 3:16 pm

Yep, I sent it…and now I know where you live! I adored the sock. It was the cutest thing ever–and your letter was very interesting. I enjoyed it immensely. I wrote back a couple of days later and sent it off, so I hope you get it soon! When you commented the other day, it prompted me that perhaps I should let you know that I didn’t forget about you…

Made on Friday, May 4th, 2007 @ 4:37 pm

I am very glad to hear that!! See, no rude knitters. lol