|May 2, 2007 @ 1:26 am|
We went on a family vacation this past weekend so I haven’t been able to post until today. I got a lot of knitting done – finished the Monkeys and almost finished with my STR kit. I just realized that if I finish it soon, I’ll have to wait another month and a half for the next kit! Well, in the meantime, I got my February kit (go figure!) today and I’m still debating whether or not to do the pattern that they sent. So many people complained about the stretch on the cuff, that I may just do a plain sock for Michael. We’ll see.
Now on to good stuff. I had waiting for me today another package from my secret pal!! woo hoo! The outside of the envelope said it was from the Natural Dye Studio (YES!!!!) but then when I opened it, everything was wrapped and it had a letter from her….hmmm…
The Natural Dye Studio yarn, of course, is just gorgeous, she couldn’t have picked a better color! Such beautiful shades of green! And when I saw it I thought of Kew. I’ve been wanting to make that pattern and I thought it was very fitting – the yarn is BFL shorn from British sheep, the dyeing was done in the UK and my pal is in the UK, so don’t you think that is perfect??
Also, there was some chocolates – Green & Black’s (my absolute favorite!) Dark and also another one called Divine. They were both gone. In a second. seriously. There are the little rabbit chocolates too that I will use to bribe my kids into cleaning up after themselves.
Then there were these cute little wooden clothespins with little kitty faces on them. It is just adorable and it reminds me of when we had cats. I miss them!!!
Thanks for the wonderful package SP!!! I can’t wait to cast on my first BFL socks!!!
I also got some knitting books that I ordered about a month ago (English books takes forever!). I got Knitting Vintage Socks and Socks socks socks. YES! I finally have a “collection” of sock books!
Comment by Holly
Made on Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007 @ 5:05 am
Oh – go ahead and do the pattern pretty much as written. It was a fun knit.
I did some modifications and can point you to where they are posted. But to summerize – I did a quick swatch on 2,5mm needles, then adjusted the stitch count.
I did the whole toe, foot, heel on 2,5mm then increased to 2,75 (or you could use 3,0mm) for the ankle.
They are firm, but not rockhard, and have plenty of give.
If you are not sure, just regular rib the top.
But it really is a guy color (IMHO)
Leave a comment