Vinnlands DONE!

May 18, 2007 @ 3:14 pm

Lovin’ the Vinnlands!

Detail of heel

I just finished my Vinnlands! I got distracted in between since I had to frog one whole sock, but I made the right choice to frog. That’s why it took me so long to make ankle socks!! The gusset heel works MUCH better for me. I made them a little higher than ankle socks and the fit is just perfect!

Some people asked about the heel, I just followed the Baudelaire pattern and instead of doing straight stockinette across, I did a sl1, k1. I always overestimate when to start the gussets (they say 3″), and I always do it too late. I should’ve learned from my last sock, but did I? Nein! But it’s only a tad long and I can pull it up and it’s just fine.

Pattern: Vinnland by The AntiCraft (size for 9″ FC)
Yarn: Natural Dye Studio BFL sock yarn
Needles: Knit Picks US2 classic circs
Started: May 10, 2007
Completed: May 18, 2007

Comment by fbz

Made on Friday, May 18th, 2007 @ 3:36 pm

which toe up gusset heel instructions did you follow? for my current wip, black toe up socks, i used the instructions for the toe up gusset heel from baudelaire, but here i see you have slipped stitch reinforcement right? they look gorgeous!

Comment by pamela wynne

Made on Friday, May 18th, 2007 @ 3:52 pm

GORgeous!! I really need to check out this pattern! (& I’m also interested in which heel you used.)

Made on Friday, May 18th, 2007 @ 4:20 pm

those are amazing!!!!! I really need to look at that pattern and find some yarn for it!

Comment by Dave

Made on Friday, May 18th, 2007 @ 5:42 pm

Those socks are gorgeous! Beautiful colour, and beautiful pattern!

Comment by Tanja

Made on Friday, May 18th, 2007 @ 5:44 pm

Hi, Kris,

das sind ja wunderschöne Socken geworden! Tolle Farben und das Muster passt wirklich perfekt dazu!
Ich schreibe auf Deutsch … kann ich besser als Englisch ;-)
Ich hoffe, das ist ok :-))

Viele liebe Grüße aus Deutschland
Tanja

Made on Friday, May 18th, 2007 @ 6:59 pm

Niiiiiiice. Now I know how come you can churn out socks so fast, you don’t like long cuffs! I like long cuffs. That plus my huge-o-rama feet….well, you know the consequence.

Made on Friday, May 18th, 2007 @ 7:43 pm

Great work! They look fab. I love the color too. :)

Comment by Holly

Made on Friday, May 18th, 2007 @ 9:06 pm

Isn’t it a great pattern? I am thinking about doing another pair for myself!

Made on Saturday, May 19th, 2007 @ 2:09 am

They’re gorgeous! I love it. :)

Comment by Ingrid

Made on Saturday, May 19th, 2007 @ 1:59 pm

Wow, I can’t believe how fast you are knitting! You are going to have to teach me continental knitting when you come over! Great socks. Oh and the expo is in October at Alexandra Palace – I think it is on the twisted thread website.

Comment by schrodinger

Made on Saturday, May 19th, 2007 @ 9:06 pm

They really are beautiful socks, definitely going on my ‘to do’ list.

Comment by Ulli

Made on Sunday, May 20th, 2007 @ 12:10 pm

So beautiful! I love your socks

Comment by knittingphilistine

Made on Tuesday, May 22nd, 2007 @ 3:59 am

Love these. Love. These. They’re like sweet little green giant booties! I am going to make these as soon as my magic loop needles come in the mail. And yes, I will be using the magic cast on. Suggested by none other than you. :)