Too many WIPs!!!

June 15, 2007 @ 9:41 am

Zokni and Springrass

Tabi socks for mom

I have cast on waaaay too many socks and not finished them. I guess it’s 2nd sock-itis. Here is a rundown on what I have going on.

So, the first WIP is my Springgrass socks. I talked about them in another post, so I’ll just post the picture update here. I am done with one sock and I’m not sure when I’m going to do the other because I CANNOT FIND THE BALL OF YARN! Yes, I know that sounds like an excuse to not finish the other side but I swear it’s the truth. Really. OK, I didn’t look super hard, but it wasn’t in the normal places. I’ll probably find it soon since I have to organize all my tax papers to send.

Next WIP is my Zokni sock. I got the idea to knit this one from flintknits. Hers is just gorgeous! I did it in The Knittery merino/cashmere sock in the Passion Fruit colorway. Love those colors! The leaf pattern doesn’t show up as well as if I did it in a solid, but I love it anyway. The warmth this sock generates is pretty amazing! Even with the lacy holes!!! I did it with a 7sts/in gauge. I did it with 8, but it was way too small. 7 fits perfect! I also did an eye of partridge heel that turned out really great. I love this heel style!!! I started this one on the train to Italy. And the next day I already had one side done!

Next WIP is my mom’s tabi sock. My first non-wool sock! I started this one because I have to finish it before my mom leaves in a couple of weeks. I wanted to make her socks but Hawaii weather and wool socks just don’t go together. So I got some Panda Cotton in Cinnamon colorway from fabz (well, actually fabz gave it to Elem and I stole it from him). I really like how this yarn feels and I do like how much it stretches. But because of that, I had to frog it a couple of times because it was too big, even though my gauge and sts were correct. And because I frogged it a lot, the yarn became unplied. It really does unply fast. That’s the only complaint I have about it. For the heel, I did a japanese short row, and it turned out great.

That’s all the knitting updates I have for now. I am going to cast on for yet another pair of socks, this one is going to the famous Billy Reid!!! Well, he’s famous to me! :)

Made on Friday, June 15th, 2007 @ 11:39 am

Okay, just for the sake of cast-on-itis…I think I should also make a pair for Billy, too. What pattern are you going do? *Hah!* And I guess that I have an excuse to go and get a skein of solid/semi-solid for this project. ;-) I’ve put myself on a yarn diet…yet again. :-p

Comment by fbz

Made on Friday, June 15th, 2007 @ 12:37 pm

Dang that red cinnamon looks good. If you have any leftovers will you gift it back to me so I can make baby socks? I just ordered more of the Panda Cotton but not in that colorway *sigh* and it will be arriving with my dad in July. I have Lacquer Red panda cotton Elfine socks on my needles (well the second one, I finished the first) and haven’t had time to document the finished knee-high black lace hedera-modded socks which were done on WWKIP day. Oh time how you are fleeting. I have one more day before I unplug!

Made on Friday, June 15th, 2007 @ 1:09 pm

that new Panda Cotton is one amazing color!!!!

Made on Saturday, June 16th, 2007 @ 12:29 am

Very good looking short row you have there. :) Your socks always looks so awesome!

Comment by pamela wynne

Made on Saturday, June 16th, 2007 @ 2:47 am

They all look great! Love the Panda Cotton. You’re always so FAST with the socks — making the rest of us look pokey. :)

Comment by tini

Made on Saturday, June 16th, 2007 @ 9:13 am

oh wow, 3 new great socks and more patterns I wan’t to try *sigh* I really should stop reading inspirational blogs and start knitting!