Finished Zokni’s

June 28, 2007 @ 9:53 am

My Italian Zoknis

Detail of EofP heel

You know, I posted pictures a couple of days ago, and didn’t have the energy to post a post in my blog. How sad am I? This pair of Zokni’s has seen so much of Italy. I did one complete side while in the Dolomites with my family, then did the heel and gusset in the Cinque Terre. I was sad that I wasn’t able to complete the 2nd sock in Italy, but oh well. It was too damn hot to knit. I don’t know how you guys in warm climates handle it! I had to keep washing my hands because the yarn would stick to my hands because of all the sweat and salty water.

I made these socks with an eye of partridge heel, since short row heels don’t really fit me. I love the eye of partridge heel, but I’ve never used it with anything colorful enough that it really sticks out. Also, this is the first of my Knittery merino cashmere skeins and it’s not as soft as I expected it to be. I think it will soften up after washing a few times. But I’m thinking because the Australian merino is much more rough than normal, that even adding some cashmere in there won’t soften it up!

Speaking of cashmere, all this time, I never knew where cashmere comes from. Is it even wool (yes, I am that stupid)? So I had to look it up and it comes from a goat! How awesome would it be to have one of those and pet it every day? Get one of those, get an angora bunny and there you go! Hobbledehoy Liz has one and it is SO CUTE! Of course, I am too damn lazy to take care of such lovely pets. Even if it is cashmere…

So, without further adieu, here are my Zokni’s!

Pattern: Zokni Socks by Pepperknit. I used a 7sts/in gauge and did an eye of partridge heel.
Yarn: The Knittery Merino/Cashmere sock in Passion Fruit colorway
Needles: Knit Picks US2/3mm classic circs
Started: June 10, 2007
Finished: June 25, 2007

Made on Thursday, June 28th, 2007 @ 12:39 pm

those are beautiful! I love the color, and though it may not show the pattern the best, it makes a wonderful texture!

Made on Thursday, June 28th, 2007 @ 12:50 pm

One of my most favorite pair of socks (because don’t we just love ALL of them!) is the pair I made while we traveled through Germany and the Netherlands last year. Socks make THE BEST souvenir!

Made on Thursday, June 28th, 2007 @ 4:14 pm

Knit me a pair, knit me a pair!!!

Comment by Tanja

Made on Thursday, June 28th, 2007 @ 6:21 pm

Wow – they look great!!

Leider habe ich für eine Cashmere-Ziege keinen Platz – ich glaube, die Balkonhaltung wäre auch nicht unbedingt artgerecht?!

Für Dich wär’ das aber was! So könntest Du Dir neue Wolle zulegen, ohne sie kaufen zu müssen –> kein Verstoß gegen Deine Diät!

Viele liebe Grüße
Tanja

Comment by Auntlyh H

Made on Thursday, June 28th, 2007 @ 6:39 pm

Last night, a fiber fiend told me that merino sheep originally came from Spain, but in Australia, the fiber got finer/softer due to the weather/climate. Maybe not?

Comment by kelp!

Made on Saturday, June 30th, 2007 @ 4:35 am

The socks are beautiful and that yarn is absolutely delicious! I don’t think I’ve seen a Knittery colorway that I don’t like. I love the sock photos at the Cinque Terre, too.