My new love…Marisilk!

July 4, 2007 @ 1:23 pm
Filed under: yarn

My new love!

So, through my search for all the indie dyers in Germany, I found Sheepaints, which is run by Sabine. I ordered two skeins from her – one normal sock yarn and one bamboo sock yarn. I haven’t knitted them up yet (yes, shame on me). She has outstanding customer service and she even included some yummy swiss chocolates with the package!!! Out of the blue, I get an email from Andrea (Das Schneeschaf) and she tells me about her yarns. Her shop is relatively new, only a few months old, but she does something very unique – she airbrushes her yarns! Some of them are completely airbrushed, some of them are dyed regularly, and then have airbrushed parts. She puts a lot of love into each and every skein! Then I find out that Sabine and Andrea know each other and are friends! They are both really nice gals.

So, they listen to our podcast and decide to send us some yarn. They sent us a whopping 4 skeins of yarn!!! Sabine sent us 3 skeins of sock yarn and Andrea sent us 1 lace-weight Marisilk. They are all beautiful, but my heart skipped a beat when I touched the Marisilk. It is made with the same stuff as the Hand Maiden sea silk (70% silk, 30% sea cell). I haven’t received my Hand Maiden yet, so I couldn’t tell you the difference. But oh, it is so luscious!!! Sabine and Andrea both carry Marisilk, so go check them out! I had to convince Elem (and soon Cashyie) that the Marisilk belongs with me. It wasn’t easy. And I feel a little guilty. I haven’t knitted with it yet, but plan on casting on soon. I think the Montego bay scarf is calling out to me!!!

If you’re interested in trying some of their yarns out, look out for my posts of the “Taste of Germany”. I will include one skein of Marisilk!

Comment by wendee

Made on Wednesday, July 4th, 2007 @ 3:28 pm

Very pretty! I am using some of the bamboo sock yarn (not from your dyer, but I’ll bet the base yarn is close) to do a long lacy scarf and it’s wonderful! The bamboo really adds a softness that will be great around the neck and shoulders.

I didn’t know you had a podcast… but now I see it in your categories – gotta go listen!

Comment by pamela wynne

Made on Wednesday, July 4th, 2007 @ 5:02 pm

Oh, lovely!

Made on Thursday, July 5th, 2007 @ 12:49 am

Heh, well, I have my own MariSilk now. ;-p

Made on Thursday, July 5th, 2007 @ 6:54 am

It sure looks gorgeous!

Comment by knittingphilistine

Made on Thursday, July 5th, 2007 @ 9:50 pm

Oh! Now you’re making all of us Westerners feel entirely prepared to give up all of our Socks that Rock and Yarn Pirate for some of that Marisilk! It looks divine.

Comment by Sophia

Made on Friday, July 6th, 2007 @ 7:18 pm

Such gorgeous yarn! I’ve never heard of airbrushed yarn before, I wonder what it’s like?

Comment by Mokihana

Made on Saturday, July 7th, 2007 @ 7:11 pm

What gorgeous yarn! I went to the website but can’t read German! So how would I get any?

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.