Seems like forever…

July 16, 2007 @ 11:38 pm

Montego Bay Scarf

My latest acquisitions

…since I blogged! I’ve been busy with hank wanking, podcasting, casting on waaaaay too many projects, and staying up late playing with Ravelry. It’s a disease. OK, so let me get you caught up on what’s been going on at casa Bockstark. Or should I say Haus Bockstark? Dunno…if there’s a german translation for that.

First I finished one side of my Vista Mare aka Billy Reid socks. I love it, even though it’s tight going around the heel. Let’s just hope it fits cuz I’m not ripping this baby out. I would like to sell the pattern for cheap – like $2 – so that I can avoid getting a job. Haha. But really, I’m serious. If I could make money knitting, that would be SO AWESOME!

Next, I cast on for a secret project that I cannot reveal since I was asked not even to show any pictures at all. I don’t think I’ll be able to show anything until September. I don’t know how I’m going to live. For some odd reason, I feel like if I can’t show the “proof” that I’m knitting, I must not be. Why am I so weird?

Then, I couldn’t wait any longer and finally cast on for the Montego Bay Scarf. Ridiculously easy, and oh so pretty! I am using the Marisilk that I got as a gift from Andrea of Das Schneeschaf. I’m knitting this when I need to take a break from my very labor intensive socks.

OK, and I’m not on my yarn diet anymore. Wollhuhn Tanja doesn’t think I was ever on one. And she said that it’s bad for my health. Doing the Taste of Germany thing has really made me crazy. After all, I have to see and feel these yarns before sending them out right? heh. So far I have 4 dyers and still deciding on the 5th. It has been really cool getting to know all these german dyers, they are all very, very nice. Check out all my purrrrdy new yarn…

Also, last week, Elem and I met with the two goddesses – Claudia (Wollmeise) and Marjan (Yarnissima). They were so much fun to talk to!!! This is the 2nd time that I met Claudia and the first time to meet Marjan. I am so glad that they both took a much needed break to come and visit us. It is really nice to talk to fellow knitters not only about knitting but parenting/kids too. I’ll see them again in September when we all go to Benediktbeuern!! Oh god, I don’t know how much money I’m going to spend. Too much…

Comment by Dave

Made on Tuesday, July 17th, 2007 @ 12:04 am

That sock is incredible! I’d pay $2 for the pattern — $4 if you’d knit it up for me. :-)

Comment by wendee

Made on Tuesday, July 17th, 2007 @ 2:44 am

Wow – impressive sock. Gorgeous! Yay for the Montego Bay scarf! That Marisilk looks like the exact same base as Handmaiden’s Seasilk. Lovely stuff! I want some! I need to get you some yarn – soon!

Comment by bookgrump

Made on Tuesday, July 17th, 2007 @ 3:47 am

Hank wanking? Do they let people do that in public over there?

I envy you that you got to have lunch with Claudia! I want to see pictures!

Comment by kelp!

Made on Tuesday, July 17th, 2007 @ 4:46 am

I LOVE those socks! Absolutely smitten. I’d definitely buy the pattern.

Comment by Auntlyh H

Made on Tuesday, July 17th, 2007 @ 4:56 am

Put me down for a copy of that pattern. I don’t know if we can wait for the big secret knitting to be revealed. You’ll have to distract us with lots of pretty yarn.

Comment by tini

Made on Tuesday, July 17th, 2007 @ 8:37 am

Put me down for a copy of that pattern! 2 USD is nearly nothing!
Have you thought of designing a pattern for knitty??

Made on Tuesday, July 17th, 2007 @ 12:08 pm

We should design a KU pattern. :-p I’ve got some really naughty stuff in mind. *LOL* (There I go being all ‘obnoxious’ again).

And yeah, you should totally sell the Vista Mare pattern! I’d even knock up the price to EUR 3,50. I mean, considering how you had to frog and re-knit this. ;-)

Made on Tuesday, July 17th, 2007 @ 1:36 pm

The sock came out beautiful!!!! Looks like you worked the kinks out of the pattern. All that new yarn – I love that green!

Comment by Shannon

Made on Tuesday, July 17th, 2007 @ 2:32 pm

I LOVE your Montego Bay-looks great!

Comment by tini

Made on Tuesday, July 17th, 2007 @ 6:03 pm

3,5 Euro is a great price. You could offer the pattern at the SP11 for 3 Euro for all SP11 pals ( I just signed up ;) I bet I’ll be matched to somebody I know AGAIN)

Comment by alala

Made on Tuesday, July 17th, 2007 @ 8:01 pm

That sock pattern made me gasp the first time I saw it. I think it’s worth way more than $2.

Comment by schrodinger

Made on Wednesday, July 18th, 2007 @ 2:22 am

Great pattern, it’s looks phenomenal.

Comment by SP10

Made on Wednesday, July 18th, 2007 @ 10:46 am

Count me in – I’ll pay you for the pattern, It’s really beautiful – well done. Bet you’ve eaten all that chocolate now too. Don’t you just wish you could pop to the supermarket and buy it every day???

Comment by Tanja

Made on Thursday, July 19th, 2007 @ 12:03 pm

Hi, Kris!

Ich bin so froh, dass Deine Diät vorbei ist *g*

Hast Du Kirsten von handgefaerbt.com schon auf Deiner Liste? Sie färbt auch ganz wunderbare Wolle (vor allem die Merino!). Und auch sie ist SEHR nett.

Deine Billy-Reid-Socks sind ein Traum!!

Viele liebe Grüße
Tanja

Comment by Ulli

Made on Thursday, July 19th, 2007 @ 12:59 pm

Your socks are so beautiful. A while ago I posted about your socks beeing the most beautiful in the www. This posting here prooves it again.

Made on Thursday, July 19th, 2007 @ 6:44 pm

Are you kidding?! I’d totally pay you $2 for that pattern! Actually, I’d pay you 4. lol :D

PS – Your boys are so adorable. I found the little card with their picture on it in my drawer the other day. :)

Comment by Sophia

Made on Friday, July 20th, 2007 @ 4:38 am

Wow, those socks are stunning! Wollmeise looks so nice; I hope I can score some someday…

Comment by Ingrid

Made on Friday, July 20th, 2007 @ 8:26 pm

Absolutely gorgeous socks – I’d buy that pattern too! And the Montego Bay scarf is next on my list too – I need some instant gratification!

Comment by Erin

Made on Thursday, July 26th, 2007 @ 5:46 am

Just randomed across here while I was looking for other people knitting the Zokni pattern, and I just looooove your Billy Reid socks! I’d totally pay for that pattern. ^_^

Comment by Heather

Made on Sunday, July 29th, 2007 @ 1:30 pm

Your Billy Reid socks are very striking–put it in pdf. form, smack that baby up on your blog, hang a shingle and just watch as the Paypal cash rolls in!!

Comment by Kimberly

Made on Friday, August 10th, 2007 @ 11:19 am

That sock is gorgeous. You neeeeed to sell that sock pattern-it’s great and you will make lots. Anyway, I wanted to say hi from another crazy American living in Germany (Berlin) with two kids. Oh yes, I’m also a little fiber crazy so I think we have just a tad bit in common. Hugs from Berlin!!

Comment by gilraen

Made on Sunday, August 19th, 2007 @ 5:37 pm

I love this pattern!!!! Can I please buy a copy? :)

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.