Montego Bay scarf is done!

August 7, 2007 @ 12:36 am
Filed under: finished projects,yarn

It’s done! An actual FO!

Dear lord, it’s been a mighty long time since I’ve had a finished object. And technically, this isn’t finished. I am done with the body of it and even blocked it, but I still need to add the fringe. I’m still counting it as done. After I finished, what did I do? I started another one. I think I will have a Montego bay on the needles every day until Christmas. I made it a little too long I think, but since it’s so thin, you can wrap it around your neck twice and it will be the perfect length. The next one I make will be a little shorter.

In other news, we got the specially made yarn from scout. It’s called “South Tyrolean Mankittens in Lederhosen”. And it’s a special colorway that she created for us. I like it since it’s so different – brown, gold and blue. The brown and gold is for the lederhosen and the blue is for the blue sky of tyrol. Can’t wait to cast on!

I will post pictures whenever I take them…I’m getting to be so behind with blogging!.

Comment by schrodinger

Made on Tuesday, August 7th, 2007 @ 3:24 am

Pictures! We all love pictures, the yarn sounds so special.

Thanks again for the prize – fantastic!!!

Made on Tuesday, August 7th, 2007 @ 1:11 pm

Are you making the next Montego Bay with Marisilk?

Made on Tuesday, August 7th, 2007 @ 1:41 pm

ooh – can’t wait to see Montego Bay – I am contemplating making one of my own!

Made on Thursday, August 9th, 2007 @ 10:42 pm

Yes, I would love pictures too! How did the Montego Bay scarf go? I’ve been thinking of making one, they are everywhere. But I get bored soooo easily.

Comment by tini

Made on Friday, August 10th, 2007 @ 5:39 pm

ooooh yummy!
geesh, I need to learn to knit faster to get rid of some stash before buying new stuff ;)

Made on Friday, August 10th, 2007 @ 6:20 pm

Yours is gorgeous! What yarn did you use for Montego Bay?

Comment by knittingnovice

Made on Monday, August 13th, 2007 @ 3:57 am

I love your scarf. It’s beautiful.
I’m hoping to make one soon.

Made on Monday, August 13th, 2007 @ 6:03 pm

Oh wow! It’s beautiful. :) I think I will definitely have to make one. They would make great Christmas presents.