A package for me today!

August 23, 2007 @ 1:28 am

My first SP11 package came!

OMG, today I received a package from my Sock-It-To-Me pal! She is really on the ball and apparently from Denmark! Oh and she knows me oh so well. Green & Black’s almond chocolate! I had a hard time not eating it before I took the picture. And now it’s gone. Poof! She also sent me a gorgeous bit of roving, with dark purples, browns and a little blue. It’s kinda pushing me to actually sit down and learn how to spin. *sigh* I feel like I’m under so much pressure to knit a billion things right now – christmas, gifts, swaps, etc. that I think the only time I will be able to sit down and do it is when I go to Benediktbeuern. But I have a bunch of roving to test out so I’m set! She also sent me a big pin thing (sorry, don’t know what it is, maybe a stitch holder?) with some cool buttons, one of which is a cute pink elephant!

I *finally* sent out a package to my Sock-It-To-Me pal. I hope she likes it. Nothing knitted in it (cast on for it today, yikes!), but some knitterly goods and some sweets.

And I cast off my second Montego Bay and it is blocking as I’m writing. I am out of silk so didn’t cast on another one. :( I’m trying to be good and not buy any…but…oh…love…Marisilk! Where are the pictures, you may ask? Yeah, don’t have any…yet.

I finally bought my ticket to go to London in October for the Knitting and Stitching show. I am soooo excited! I also bought my tickets to go to the show, I will be attending a Rowan runway show!, I made my arrangements at the hostel so I’m good to go! This will be my first knitting show and I am so excited! Although who knows how much money I am going to blow there. Kinda scary!

Comment by schrodinger

Made on Thursday, August 23rd, 2007 @ 3:59 am

Wow!! I can’t believe how fast she sent out that package – nice goodies, who doesn’t love a bit of chocolate goodness.

Comment by Secret Pal 11

Made on Thursday, August 23rd, 2007 @ 5:55 am

Oh, I’m a bit confused…. Can’t be your first SP11 package or you have two pals??? I haven’t yet sent out anything, as I’m waiting to get something first…

Made on Thursday, August 23rd, 2007 @ 6:04 am

That’s a fantastic package! :)
You are so lucky. That trip is gonna be awesome.

Comment by Sonia

Made on Thursday, August 23rd, 2007 @ 8:04 am

Nice package. It could be a stitch holder, it looks like a skirt pin( of course the proper name for it escapes me now. I use to go to hair shows( great fun) but a knitting and stitching show I’d have hardly any if any self control.haha..Sounds like fun!!

Comment by Gaietygirl

Made on Thursday, August 23rd, 2007 @ 10:37 am

Green and Blacks is like crack, I swear…

I went to my first Knitting and Stitching show last year, in Dublin. It says something that I’m bringing a little wheelie suitcase when I go back this year!

Made on Thursday, August 23rd, 2007 @ 2:02 pm

start saving now!!!! ;)

Comment by Malin

Made on Thursday, August 23rd, 2007 @ 2:15 pm

Looks like a kilt pin to me, but I’d use it as a shawl pin.

Comment by Guess who :)

Made on Thursday, August 23rd, 2007 @ 3:29 pm

I’m glad it arrived safely :)

The pin is probably a kilt pin, but it’s sold as a shawl pin. I use mine to keep my stitch markers in order though ;)

And I could see that you suddenly didn’t have the amount of needles of a certain size that you though you did. Hmmm – new package ideas ;)

And since the stamps/packaging gave my location away *g* any specific Danish items you’d love to try out?

Comment by tini

Made on Thursday, August 23rd, 2007 @ 5:51 pm

oooh Kris, you should try danish Licorice or kransekajer :) which is an almond cookie thingy. And Onion patterns (sewing), a kreative kvinder for inspiration ( craft/sewing mag) maybe some Drops yarn :)
Hej, Guess who fra Kiel!

Made on Thursday, August 23rd, 2007 @ 7:24 pm

Hehehe, I guess I could show you how to spin now. ;-)

Comment by pamela wynne

Made on Thursday, August 23rd, 2007 @ 8:25 pm

Such a lovely package — that roving is beautiful. Yep, the pin looks like a coiless safety pin, kilt pin, and/or stitch holder to me — I say use it for what makes sense to you! And how exciting to go to your first knitting show in London! (Jealous)

Comment by tini

Made on Thursday, August 23rd, 2007 @ 8:59 pm

btw. maybe show would be possible next year. I could bring DH and let him play with a friend on the Xbox the whole day :)