Taste of Germany – Yarn and Order Info

August 24, 2007 @ 2:30 pm
Filed under: Taste of Germany

OK, people, after teasing you for weeks and weeks, the time has finally come! All 5 yarns are in and all 5 are fabulous! All different, each unique to it’s dyer. Here are the yarns with info:

Wollmeise Sockenwolle Vergißmeinnicht colorway in med-dark intensity

Wollmeise needs no introduction! Her yarns are 100% superwash merino and a whopping 525m per 150g skein. I love this yarn for it’s smoothness and deep intense colors.

Sheepaints Sockenwolle Wunsch Brunnen colorway

Sheepaints yarn is up-and-coming! I love her unique style to her dyeing and I can almost always spot her yarn, even if I’ve never seen the colorway before! The base yarn is the German standard for sock yarns – 75% merino and 25% polyamid (nylon), 420m per 100g skein. It is machine washable.

Das Schneeschaf Marisilk in a special Taste of Germany colorway

Andrea (the snow sheep) has a very unique style of dyeing – she airbrushes her yarns! Each one is individual and has amazing colors that blend so well together. And how can you NOT love Marisilk? I am super addicted to this stuff and can’t get enough. It is incredibly soft and it’s like knitting a cloud. Marisilk is 70% silk and 30% sea cell, 400m per 100g. Hand wash only.

Drachenwolle Merino/Silk/Ramie Sockenwolle in a special Taste of Germany colorway

Christiane of Drachenwolle is a master of dyeing with non-toxic and natural dyes. I love the subtle shades of this yarn and the merino/silk/ramie blend is very common in Germany but not anywhere else (at least that I could find). The yarn is 70% merino, 20% silk and 10% ramie (which is a plant fiber) and 400m per 100g. It is machine washable.

Handgefaerbt.com Sockenwolle Merino Light Downstream colorway

Kirsten of Handgefaerbt is another prolific dyer in Germany and she creates masterpieces with her yarn! I love the intense colors and the amazing variety. Her yarn is super squishy and very soft. It is 100% superwash merino and 475m per 100g.

Cost: The kit that contains one of each of the yarns above is 70 euros + 12 euros shipping outside of Europe. It would be 6 euros shipping within Europe and 4 euros within Germany.

How to order: At midnight tonight (Central European Time), I will take the first 10 email orders sent to bockstark.knits (at) gmail (dot) com. That is 6pm Eastern time and 12pm (noon) in Hawaiian time. I will notify you by email if you are chosen (as well as if you are not) and send you a paypal invoice. You will need to pay within 3 days, and if no payment is received, I will take the next person in the queue.

Don’t worry, if you don’t make it this time, I will put together another Taste of Germany soon!

Made on Friday, August 24th, 2007 @ 2:52 pm

Yay! I know someone who will be pouncing on this already. :-p (Not me though)

Comment by Eva

Made on Friday, August 24th, 2007 @ 4:57 pm

Gorgeous stuff :) I had a look at the different shops and was very disappointed as most of them have NOTHING in their stores… not really enticing people to buy that is… or did you plunder them???

Cheers Eva

Comment by Stephen

Made on Friday, August 24th, 2007 @ 5:20 pm

AHHHHHHHH! Must be online tonight.

Comment by KelInCal

Made on Friday, August 24th, 2007 @ 6:26 pm

*Swoon* I think I’m in love! [stealth mode activated]

Made on Friday, August 24th, 2007 @ 9:58 pm

I will have to try to fly home from work to get on the list:) Seriosuly, if I don’t make it this time, I am so excited to see these come around – great idea! Um, you Germany peeps rock, thanks for sharing your gorgeous yarn – hmm, do we have anything to offer you for fun…hmmm…off to think on that one.

Comment by Jessica

Made on Friday, August 24th, 2007 @ 10:47 pm

*drool*

Comment by Stephen

Made on Saturday, August 25th, 2007 @ 12:05 am

The time has come!!! it’s four minutes after midnight there… AAAAAHHHHH!

Comment by Susi

Made on Tuesday, August 28th, 2007 @ 2:39 pm

Die Idee ist wirklich allemal gut :). Alleine die Farbauswahl ist eine echte Sünde wert.

Comment by WonderMike

Made on Monday, September 10th, 2007 @ 8:51 pm

So incredibly beautiful. Even more so in person. Stephen let me pet it. heh heh.

Please have a taste of Germany in October so that I may justify it’s purchase with my birthday. Danke Schoen!!!

~maw

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.