Montego Bay Scarf #2

August 30, 2007 @ 12:08 am
Filed under: finished projects

#2 done!

I actually finished this awhile ago, during the Taste of Germany madness so I didn’t get a chance to post. I also have another FO for one of my secret pals, so I can’t post it here. So frustrating to finish something and not get to show it off! This Montego bay is made with Handmaiden Sea Silk. I am addicted to Sea Silk. So soft, so shimmery, so smooth. Sucks that I have such an expensive addiction. I tell myself that it’s for gifts. And actually that is true. This one is going to my sister who likes light green. :)

Pattern: Montego Bay Scarf, Interweave Knits Summer 2007
Yarn: Handmaiden Sea Silk Lily Pond colorway
Needles: Knit Picks US8 options needles
Started: August 6, 2007
Completed: August 23, 2007

The only modification I made was to cut 14″ strips instead of 12″. I wanted the fringe to be a little bit longer than the last time.

Comment by Stephen

Made on Thursday, August 30th, 2007 @ 1:53 am

Great colors… from the photo, it looks a little like Monsoon STR.

Made on Thursday, August 30th, 2007 @ 2:47 am

Gorgeous! I am in search of a one skein sea silk project – but this tempts me to buy another:) I got my Lederhosen from Scout today – it’s so purty!

Comment by Zonda

Made on Thursday, August 30th, 2007 @ 5:40 am

Oh that is lovely!! Hehe, thanks to you, I should have my Lederhosen in my hot little hands tomorrow! :)

Made on Thursday, August 30th, 2007 @ 2:19 pm

I just cast on for this last night inspired by yours!!! :) So pretty!

Made on Thursday, August 30th, 2007 @ 7:32 pm

It’s gorgeous! I want to make a pretty little scarfy too! lol

Comment by Tanja

Made on Saturday, September 1st, 2007 @ 12:19 pm

Herrlich Рdie Farben! Und die Wolle leuchtet so sch̦n!
Ich selbst trage eigentlich keine Tücher und auch selten Schals, aber der hier würde mir auch gefallen ;-)

Liebe Grüße