First package from my SP11 and other SP goodies!

September 9, 2007 @ 3:41 am
Filed under: secret pal

My First SP11 package arrived!

Tiefer See from Tini

My First SP11 package arrived!

Woohoo! I got my first package from my SP11 and it is from Finland!!! :) I knew it was another European country, but I didn’t know which one. How lucky am I??? It had *3* skeins of DK/Sport weight yarn (Vourelma Veto) in beautiful shades, just perfect for my boys – instead of socks, I think these are calling out to be hat/mittens for this winter! At least that’s what they told me when I first laid my hands on them. It is so soft and squishy and most important – machine washable! :) Actually, I think they could be socks AND mittens AND hats! In addition to the beautiful yarn, I also got some bamboo dpns and dark chocolate. In this picture, the chocolate is all gone and I saved the wrapper so I could pretend that it was still there, but it’s not. My husband and I had it for our after dinner desert and dipped it into peanut butter. It was kind of weird (in a good way) because the peanut butter took on a whole different flavor when mixed with this chocolate. And between the two of us, it was literally gone in 2 seconds. I’m serious. Thanks so much SP11!!!

In strange-yet-wonderful news, my SP10 downstream (meaning the person *I* spoiled) gave me a skein of Wollmeise in Tiefer See colorway! Claudia kept asking me what my favorite colorways were and wouldn’t tell me who it was from. I was so curious to find out! And when I got it, it was from Tini!!! Did I tell you that she called me once to surprise me and it took me a few seconds to realize who it was? She threw me off with her scottish/british accent! And then we’ve been just missing each other on Skype but we will for sure see each other at Benediktbeuern, which is in a couple of weeks! Yipee! Thanks so much Tini and sorry for the delayed response!

Speaking of SPs, I also got a nice postcard in the mail from my SP10 and SP8 hostess, Bobbi. It was of the Lego area in the Mall of America. Geez, I can’t imagine a mall so big it can fit a freaking roller coaster in it!!! Thanks Bobbi for thinking of me!

Comment by Sonia

Made on Sunday, September 9th, 2007 @ 4:11 am

Yummy goodies and in BLUE!! Actually that mall has more than one roller coaster. I took my daughter and her best friend(who was visiting from Virginia) last week. It totally wore me out haha..two teenage girls in a mall that huge. I always tell my friends and family(down south) that if they come visit me I’m only thirty minutes away from Mall of America, they usually then ask how much are the plane tickets.haha..

Made on Sunday, September 9th, 2007 @ 8:06 am

WOW! What great items! You’ve gotten a super SP11. And another fantastic skein of Wollmeise. I’m so jealous!

Comment by Susi

Made on Sunday, September 9th, 2007 @ 8:15 am

Wow, was für schöne Farben. So ein Swap hat den Vorteil, dass man wirklich an wunderschöne Garne kommt. Ich gönn sie Dir und den Jungs und bin auf die Bilder gespannt, wenn Du sie verstrickt hast.

Comment by Secret Pal 11

Made on Sunday, September 9th, 2007 @ 9:46 am

Oh, it was FAST! I mean, I only sent it on Wednesday. I love the yarn myself, it has a beautiful colour chart and the quality is good.

Made on Sunday, September 9th, 2007 @ 1:47 pm

What a great package of gorgeous yarn – and I love that you ate the chocolate but folded the wrapper all up likes it’s there – could’ve fooled me:) In peanut butter – I must try that! And the wollmeise – another beatufil colorway what a generous person to spoil you back – yay Tini!

Comment by Auntlyh H

Made on Sunday, September 9th, 2007 @ 3:17 pm

You should definitely come for a visit. I’d even take you to the MOA, but it’d be more fun to do a yarn crawl….

Made on Sunday, September 9th, 2007 @ 3:48 pm

It sure didn’t take long for the postcard to arrive. Yarn crawls are great in MSP. Just think…a family vacation…the boys could ride the rides (they have a lot for little kids) and you could shop/yarn crawl.

Wow! The yarn looks fabulous! (And all the yummy blues.) Your own little Taste of Finland.

Comment by tini

Made on Sunday, September 9th, 2007 @ 5:29 pm

wow, cool package from Finnland :) My SP seems to be from Finnland too :)

The wool is kind of “I’m sorry” for the pic with all the wollmeise yarn and me linking to it at ravelry….

Comment by yvonnep

Made on Sunday, September 9th, 2007 @ 6:07 pm

oh, you have been spoiled. It looks lovely…

Comment by Deidre

Made on Sunday, September 9th, 2007 @ 6:09 pm

Chocolate dipped in the peanut butter – I love how you think!
The yarn is beautiful!

Comment by Cat

Made on Monday, September 10th, 2007 @ 1:30 am

Wonderful, gorgeous, beautiful . . I’m so freakin’ jealous!!! =)

Comment by knittingphilistine

Made on Monday, September 10th, 2007 @ 1:54 pm

Lucky gal!

Comment by Linnea

Made on Monday, September 10th, 2007 @ 7:41 pm

Oh oh oh!

You should say Jaalka Hiikkii. That’s probably a totally incorrect spelling, but Finnish has lots of funny consonants and vowels, so… anyway, it means foot sweat. The only Finnish I know. And now with your pretty yarn it seems really appropriate! Or perhaps quite inappropriate. I’ll leave that one up to you. :)

Made on Tuesday, September 11th, 2007 @ 10:31 am

Get back to me when you’ve knit with the bamboos and tell me how it goes…coz considering how tight you knit, I probably can gauge whether I could work with bamboo needles. ;-p

Comment by pamela wynne

Made on Tuesday, September 11th, 2007 @ 3:36 pm

Mmm, lovely stuff! The Mall of America is insane, by the way. Totally insane.

Made on Tuesday, September 11th, 2007 @ 4:38 pm

I wanna go to the MOA! It looks like a kickass time. :) Your spoilee spoiled you?! That rocks. Knitters are awesome. How many times can I say it? Amazing gifts.