Swallowtail shawl is finally blocked

September 12, 2007 @ 12:51 am

Finally blocked and pictures taken!

Detail of shawl edging, not completely straight…

I finished this shawl so long ago and have been super lazy about blocking. I haven’t ever blocked anything that needed pins before and I think that’s what was holding me up. I am slightly disappointed that it is so small, but what should I expect from only 1 skein, and I didn’t even use it all up as I was expecting to. But I am extremely pleased with the result, and I may have even pulled it too tight while blocking in my hopes to make it bigger.

It was a very enjoyable experience knitting a shawl, and I can see more in my future. I just gotta find people who would wear a shawl and then like them and then like them enough to knit for them! HA! I don’t know if I could take making something bigger than that though. 300+ sts was about all I could handle. Maybe if I wasn’t so goal oriented, it would work better for me.

Pattern: Swallowtail Shawl from Interweave Knits Fall 2006
Yarn: Sheepaints Marisilk in Berryshine
Needles: Knit Picks US6 options needles
Started: August 29, 2007
Completed: September 3, 2007

Made on Wednesday, September 12th, 2007 @ 1:38 am

Mee, mee!!! Knit a shawl in MariSilk for Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Lovely work, BTW. :-p

Comment by schrodinger

Made on Wednesday, September 12th, 2007 @ 4:03 am

I was disappointed with the size of my swallowtail shawl too – but I have to admit, it’s beautiful.

Comment by WiscJennyAnn

Made on Wednesday, September 12th, 2007 @ 4:14 am

I’ll jump on the “gee this is awfully small” bandwagon. Mine was sadly small too… So pretty! Congrats on finishing. Quite an accomplishment!

Comment by wendee

Made on Wednesday, September 12th, 2007 @ 4:53 am

Oooo! I bet this is even more lovely in person with the Marisilk and all. I was thinking of casting on for this, but too small, huh? I might stick with one of the Evelyn Clark Fibertrends patterns. Oh, hell, who am I kidding. With the attention span of an ant, a shawl is really not in my near future…

Comment by tini

Made on Wednesday, September 12th, 2007 @ 8:20 am

oooh gorgeous!!!!
Even if it is a little on the small side of life :)

Made on Wednesday, September 12th, 2007 @ 3:53 pm

that is beautiful – I’ll throw my hat into the “ME ME!!!” ring! :)

Made on Thursday, September 13th, 2007 @ 3:17 am

It’s gorgeous! I love the color. :)

Comment by alala

Made on Thursday, September 13th, 2007 @ 4:22 pm

WOW, is that beautiful! Okay, re-thinking the MIL’s Christmas gift now…

Made on Friday, September 14th, 2007 @ 6:29 pm

So. Pretty! You are such a fantastic knitter!! :)