WIP: Chevron scarf revisited

September 12, 2007 @ 1:00 am

I heart this scarf!

So I started this chevron scarf a loooong time ago, maybe in April? I can’t remember, that’s how long it’s been. I was slipping the first stitch, as I usually do to make a nice edge, but when switching yarns, it was getting to be weird and tight. So I just left it and put it in a bag and kinda forgot about it.

Then, Shannon from the SSK podcast tells me about how she found the perfect yarns to knit the scarf with and she already started and got lots done. Well, being the competitor that I am, I have to re-do mine too! Since I talk to her almost every day, sometimes for HOURS, she has a lot of influence in what I knit. She is even nice enough to send me some beads so that I can start my Hanami stole. I’ll tell you that story when I actually start the stole.

Soooo…the old work got ripped an started the new one. I am liking this one a lot better. Not slipping the first stitch and it’s fine. I don’t know what it is – maybe you have to be in the right frame of mind to knit something so boring and repetitive? I’ve been in a sock knitting slump lately, I think because I have too many singles and feel like I get nothing done. And do I knit the 2nds for them? Of course not. I already have about 8 inches done. I don’t know if I’m going to keep this one for myself or if I’m going to give it as a christmas gift. I don’t know if I know anyone who would wear such crazy colors besides myself!

I DID finish a pair but can’t post about it because it’s for my Sock-it-to-me pal and I know she reads my blog. Sucks! Stop reading! :) I think she knows that it’s me anyways…

Pattern: Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Socks that Rock Farmhouse and Watermelon Tourmaline
Needles: Knit Picks US5 options needles
Started: September 10, 2007

Comment by Auntlyh H

Made on Wednesday, September 12th, 2007 @ 2:59 am

Those colors are gorgeous! If your loved ones don’t appreciate them, you might need some new loved ones. ;)

Comment by schrodinger

Made on Wednesday, September 12th, 2007 @ 4:05 am

Oh man, I want one now – esp with winter just around the corner…

Comment by wendee

Made on Wednesday, September 12th, 2007 @ 4:50 am

I heart this scarf too! I love the colors you chose!

Comment by Shannon

Made on Wednesday, September 12th, 2007 @ 5:28 am

Looks great! Way better than mine!

Comment by tini

Made on Wednesday, September 12th, 2007 @ 8:22 am

the colours are really nice! I bet you would look great with the scarf and go, work on one of your second socks! after finishing so many ufos yesterday I can give you a shout out! ;) It is liberating to finish something!

Comment by Claire

Made on Wednesday, September 12th, 2007 @ 9:18 am

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog. Yes, you are using the exact same colours as me. I totally heart them too!! Keep on knitting it as the finished product is so worth it in the end!

Made on Wednesday, September 12th, 2007 @ 10:40 am

Hmmmm…better start mine soon. Although I’m not sure whether I want to use Puck’s Mischief or not, since it’s already discontinued. :-(

Comment by bookgrump@yahoo.com

Made on Wednesday, September 12th, 2007 @ 1:13 pm

That’s pretty! I think slipping that stitch would just slow things down. The pattern actually goes pretty quickly once you get started. Just find a few good flicks and settle down for some movie time and mindless knitting, and poof! It’s done! With colors like those, it will be worth the effort!

Made on Wednesday, September 12th, 2007 @ 3:54 pm

that is beautiful – another bright color lover here! good to know about slipping that first stitch – I definitely would have done that also!

Comment by Cat

Made on Wednesday, September 12th, 2007 @ 10:00 pm

Lookin’ good. I do like the repeatitive nature at this late stage of pregnancy!!

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.