Bad day…

September 14, 2007 @ 1:17 am
Filed under: misc,rants

Rowan, my poor baby

I had a really long and full day that ended up with tears and a cast. My son Rowan was being stubborn with me today as we were walking home. We were holding hands and he decided he doesn’t want to walk. All of a sudden he throws all his weight down and I’m holding him up. He’s a heavy kid – like 35 lbs. So, he dislocated his elbow. At first I couldn’t tell anything serious had happened but noticed that his hand and arm were limp. Oi! Took the train to my husband’s work place and my other son decides to play with the door handle and falls in between the train and the platform. Geez, could this get any worse? Luckily, the gap wasn’t big enough for him to fall past his hips/stomach, but still a shock. Yeah, mother of the year right here! Two screaming children on the crowded train. We eventually make it to the hospital. The doctors had to reset Rowan’s arm twice and checked to see if anything was broken (it wasn’t), but it still hurt him so they put a 1/2 cast on him. Poor baby! He cried pretty much the whole time but now he’s sleeping happily in his bed. The cast will be on only for 4 days since nothing was broken. sigh… Now I need a drink…

Comment by RiverCitySTL

Made on Friday, September 14th, 2007 @ 2:18 am

Oh,Dear. Big hugs Mom. These are the days no one ever tells you about when you are starting a family. As a Mom of 21 and 18 year old boys, I can honestly tell you that there will be so many amazing days ahead and likely several days like today that will be hard. And all you can do is hug them tight on both types of days :)

Made on Friday, September 14th, 2007 @ 3:23 am

Awwww poor baby! Even all cast up and pouting, he’s such a cutie!

Comment by wendee

Made on Friday, September 14th, 2007 @ 3:29 am

Dude. That’s one for the books. Poor little guy(s). (And you too!) Hope you have a nice bottle of wine waiting for you!

Made on Friday, September 14th, 2007 @ 4:17 am

Awww, Man! That’s the pits! I hope that it’s a BIG bottle of wine. Don’t worry about “mother-of-the-year”…they have given up on the award since too many of us have had days like yours this year….no one qualifies anymore! A dose of chocolate could help as well.

Made on Friday, September 14th, 2007 @ 4:25 am

ugh. I’m totally having a drink for you, sympathy booze. What a day, kids always make things so interesting:)

Comment by Lynn

Made on Friday, September 14th, 2007 @ 4:25 am

My heart is with you. There is nothing worse than one hurt child and another freaked out. Seriously toss back a few for me.
*hug*

Comment by Erin

Made on Friday, September 14th, 2007 @ 6:45 am

Oooooh, poor baby!! I can’t imagine the kind of day you’ve had. I’ll drink for you, too.

Comment by schrodinger

Made on Friday, September 14th, 2007 @ 7:02 am

Oh what a sh*tty day for you. Kids can really put you through the wringer sometimes eh? Enjoy that (hopefully big) drink, you deserve it.

Comment by alala

Made on Friday, September 14th, 2007 @ 8:26 am

Oh no, poor you! Possibly several drinks would be better. I hope you and the boys are all feeling a lot better today.

Made on Friday, September 14th, 2007 @ 8:38 am

Sorry that Williams is out….didn’t Cashyie leave you the Stroh 80? :-p

Comment by Cathi

Made on Friday, September 14th, 2007 @ 9:05 am

Ah…one of those days. I think all of us mommas have had those! Poor little guys, and poor momma, you definitely deserve a drink!

Comment by Dorothee

Made on Friday, September 14th, 2007 @ 10:04 am

Oh, poor boys! They probably won’t do that again though… hopefully. Hope you had a nice big drink, you deserved it!

Comment by tini

Made on Friday, September 14th, 2007 @ 3:20 pm

ooh poor guys and poor miss b! And don’t be ashamed, I think thing like these just happen!
Get yourself some whine and some good knitting time!

Comment by Jenn

Made on Friday, September 14th, 2007 @ 3:22 pm

Oh no! I’m glad no one was seriously injured, but still… How scary!

Comment by Sonia

Made on Friday, September 14th, 2007 @ 3:29 pm

His little face says it all. Poor little guy makes me want to cry.You poor thing you have had a day.Don’t feel bad we’ve all had those types of days.Scary for the little ones though I bet.Its hard to see our little ones in pain. Your still a good mommy.Breathe,have a drink, tomorrows a new day.

Comment by Ingrid

Made on Friday, September 14th, 2007 @ 4:54 pm

Poor you and poor boys! If it is any consolation a friend of mine dislocated her son’s shoulder putting his coat on – I think these things happen quite easily! We’ve all had days like these where everything goes pear-shaped (as we say here). Chin up, settle the boys to bed and have a large glass of wine (or two!) and some good food and you’ll feel better tomorrow.

Made on Friday, September 14th, 2007 @ 6:29 pm

Oh poor baby!! You all sound like you could use some relief. Sometimes I don’t know if it is worse for them or for us. There is just so much going on. Best wishes! He’ll be better before you know it and this will all just be a distant memory.

Comment by knitlady

Made on Friday, September 14th, 2007 @ 6:35 pm

Oh my, poor baby and poor mom! Have a drink and big huge for you all!

Comment by KelInCal

Made on Friday, September 14th, 2007 @ 7:36 pm

Goodness! We all have days like that – I still worry/shudder about accidents with my kids when they were younger. Have that drink and try to relax! Glad they’re both okay!

Comment by Oblivia

Made on Friday, September 14th, 2007 @ 9:12 pm

Oh my! What a day with the kiddies. The train-platform incident sounded so scary, and I am glad that both your boys are all right. You deserve a drink.

Comment by pamela wynne

Made on Sunday, September 16th, 2007 @ 3:45 am

Holy cow! Take care of yourself and the poor broken kiddos. :) xo

Comment by Mokihana

Made on Sunday, September 16th, 2007 @ 10:26 pm

Oh my goodness, what a day for all of you!! I hope by now things have settled down a bit….

Comment by Melana

Made on Monday, September 17th, 2007 @ 8:27 am

i feel your pain. such a sad little photo of Rowan! it’s already monday there, so i hope that today he is and you are feeling much better.

Comment by Kate

Made on Monday, September 17th, 2007 @ 7:23 pm

Oh that happened to my son when he was about 3! They called it “nurses elbow” and gave us a 1/2 cast as well. I felt like such a child abuser even though it was not at all my fault. I feel for ya. :(

Comment by Cat

Made on Monday, September 17th, 2007 @ 10:16 pm

I’m sorry. These toddler years are so tough. My son does the dead drop too a lot. I don’t know how we’ve made it to 3.5 yrs without a cast.

I hope it gets better soon!!

Comment by scout

Made on Tuesday, September 18th, 2007 @ 12:27 am

OMG!!! How is he now?

*pours you a drink*

Comment by Karen

Made on Tuesday, September 18th, 2007 @ 3:41 pm

Oh, your poor little guy. That picture just breaks my heart.

Comment by kathy

Made on Tuesday, October 9th, 2007 @ 5:19 pm

Wow. Sending you a really big hug and a really big margarita.