Super secret project unveiled!

September 24, 2007 @ 3:54 pm

Isn’t this gorgeous?

Gusset of coolness!

On the foot

So, here is the secret project that I’ve been working on. It’s the Fratello socks by Yarnissima! I am always on the lookout for great socks for men and this one is a winner. The pattern is fairly simple, purl side out, with a little bit of travelling sts. The design of the sock is genius, and if you’ve seen her patterns online, you’ll know that Yarnissima is the queen of cool gussets! I only have one sock done, and will hopefully get the second sock done sometime before Christmas!

The yarn is an exclusive color from Wollmeise and I LOVE this coffee brown!!! You can buy the pattern by itself or get the yarn+pattern in a kit. Contact Yarnissima at yarnissima (at) gmail (dot) com for more details and how to purchase.

Comment by chemgrrl

Made on Monday, September 24th, 2007 @ 4:06 pm

Holy cow, are those beautiful. Arrugh, I had already decided on a Christmas project for my husband! I guess I need to throw those plans out the window. Thanks for posting!

Made on Monday, September 24th, 2007 @ 4:22 pm

very pretty! I love traveling stitches!

Made on Monday, September 24th, 2007 @ 4:24 pm

OMG – nuff said:)

Made on Monday, September 24th, 2007 @ 4:55 pm

ooohhhh, it’s definitely gorgeous!

Comment by tini

Made on Monday, September 24th, 2007 @ 4:57 pm

soooooooo gorgeous.
In reality they are even better btw!

Comment by Eva

Made on Monday, September 24th, 2007 @ 5:46 pm

Gorgeous!!!! The yarn’s to dye… oops die for :)

I’ve tried to figure out how to get in touch with Yarnissima, but if you click on her ‘contact me’ link you get send back to the blog and on the blog I can’t find anywhere to get in touch with her… Help??? Pretty please????

Cheers Eva

Made on Monday, September 24th, 2007 @ 5:47 pm

OMG THEY ARE SO PRETTY! OMG! lol Seriously. Wow. I need this pattern.

Comment by wendee

Made on Monday, September 24th, 2007 @ 6:37 pm

Wow – that’s a perfect man sock. Nice work!

Comment by Lydia

Made on Monday, September 24th, 2007 @ 9:01 pm

Hi! I like your podcast, it is both interesting, happily informal and fun!
As others above mentioned I too have searched the Yarnissima blog, tried contact me in order to buy the kit with yarn, but nothing happens. Could you please forward my e-mail adress to her. Happy knitting!

Comment by pamela wynne

Made on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007 @ 2:46 am

Holy cow, these socks are totally gorgeous!! Add my voice to the chorus begging Ysma for the pattern. :)

Comment by schrodinger

Made on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007 @ 4:51 am

Holy crap, that pattern is stunning, it has me salivating – esp. with that yarn/pattern combo – beautiful.

Comment by Susi

Made on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007 @ 2:13 pm

They look amazing. They look like “Timeeaters”, but I think, the results of this amazing pattern is worth it.

Comment by Tanja

Made on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007 @ 2:14 pm

Wunderschön, die neue Wollmeisenfarbe und auch das Muster!

Liebe Grüße
Tanja

Comment by Nartian

Made on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007 @ 5:58 pm

Gorgeous! I love Claudia’s browns and this pattern. I don’t care if it’s for men, it’s still great.

Comment by Andy B

Made on Thursday, September 27th, 2007 @ 6:52 pm

I know it’s ridiculous to add on, but those are absolutely beautiful and they restore my faith in sock knitting. I am loving knitting socks, but those actually look like fun.