London here I come!!!

October 9, 2007 @ 3:25 pm
Filed under: misc

I leave for London tomorrow!!! Wooohoo!!! I am so excited, I have been looking forward to this all year, ever since Ingrid mentioned it to me the last time I was there. I guess I’m making it a tradition to go to London at least once a year. Lots of yarn and knitters and crafters, what more could I want? I will have to control myself though. …yeah, right…

I love London, I love being in a country where I can understand everything (well, mostly everything) and speak my native language. It’s nice to do that every once in awhile. The first two nights I am staying in a hostel in South Kennsington, then the next two nights I am going to go to Ingrid’s and have a knit-fest with her and Sabine, who is also visiting from Germany.

I am only going to bring my non-finished stuff, nothing new, so I have a chance of finishing them. …yeah, right… Although I’ve been dying to cast on the Bellatrix socks but have to somehow modify it. I remember Elem telling me something about someone posting a revised pattern, or how to modify it or whatever. The problem is that there is no chart so I don’t know how many stitches are in one repeat.

I just saw a post in the Daily Chum and had to laugh. These poor runway models starved themselves to wear THIS?!?! I know fashion is supposed to be a bit kooky, but really? this? Maybe it’s to entertain us, cuz I laughed a looooong time.

Comment by kathy

Made on Tuesday, October 9th, 2007 @ 5:17 pm

I think If I was forced to wear any of those I would cry. The last two chicks look miserable, and don’t tell me that’s a runway face on the last one. The first chick is lucky, she gets to hide :-)

Comment by tini

Made on Tuesday, October 9th, 2007 @ 7:06 pm

at least they are warm :)
Have fun in London, if you have a chance take a london walk, they are great!

Comment by deknit

Made on Tuesday, October 9th, 2007 @ 7:15 pm

Well, at least those are “things” that you are not tempted to knit (or wear…).
Have fun in London!

Made on Tuesday, October 9th, 2007 @ 7:25 pm

But did you notice those last two? No wonder there is concern about the shrinking sizes of models!!! They look like my dollies did when I would dress them up with my scarves!

Comment by WonderMike

Made on Tuesday, October 9th, 2007 @ 7:32 pm

Like weird hyperthyroid birds!!!

Made on Tuesday, October 9th, 2007 @ 8:07 pm

Dude – what size needles where those knit on!!!! They would be toasty though you’d be exhausted just wearing it!

Comment by Susan

Made on Tuesday, October 9th, 2007 @ 8:59 pm

Have fun in London. I’m going there in December and would love to hear your recommendations for yarn stores there.

Susan

Comment by E to the M

Made on Tuesday, October 9th, 2007 @ 9:35 pm

When I saw those pictures I thought they were joke photoshop pics, not actually runway designs. I like Mike’s comment too!

Comment by Jess

Made on Tuesday, October 9th, 2007 @ 9:52 pm

And to think that the models could have had a bacon double cheeseburger before the show and no one would have known!!

Be sure to do the Bellatrix in a non-stretchy yarn. I had to frog mine because they just didn’t work – I was using 0’s and I just couldn’t get gauge right. The socks would have fit an elephant!! I’ve heard that lots of people had problems with gauge on that one. It is a cool pattern… “she grates on your nerves like 1000 runs in your stockings.”

Comment by yvonnep

Made on Tuesday, October 9th, 2007 @ 10:15 pm

Have lots of fun in London (and I had a long and hearty laugh because of the photos ;-)

Comment by alala

Made on Tuesday, October 9th, 2007 @ 10:48 pm

Hee. I followed your link, and all the models look seriously ticked off at having to wear that stuff. I particularly like the one on the left, with the “rodent in the tall grass” look. I’m sure that one’ll be very popular.

Have a great time in London! I wish I were going too!

Comment by Sonia

Made on Tuesday, October 9th, 2007 @ 11:19 pm

Hahahaha…..LOL* holding side from laughing so hard* Thank you so….much for the laugh I so needed one today. Have a great time in London!

Comment by fbz

Made on Tuesday, October 9th, 2007 @ 11:22 pm

have a rocking time in l-un-done! i haven’t been since i was 12 years old, the s.o. has a sibling there so hopefully we will find some time to go next year.

Made on Wednesday, October 10th, 2007 @ 11:05 am