My first interview!

October 12, 2007 @ 1:11 am
Filed under: misc

Well, it wasn’t really an interview, more like an email exchange. Someone mentioned on the Ravelry boards that Mark Blevis was looking for podcasters to write about in a column for Podcast User Magazine, so OF COURSE I had to write and represent! And wouldn’t you know…he wrote about me and Knitters Uncensored! It’s not long, only a paragraph or two, but still! Go check it out here, on pages 37-38.

I went to the Knitting and Stitching show today and had a lot of fun. I didn’t buy too much though because it was so dang expensive. I converted all the prices into dollars (£x2) and dang…it’s a lot. One skein of Koigu – £8 = $16. Dear lord!!! The first booth when you walk in is of course, Colinette. I drooled over the Jitterbug. Then I met Alice from Soctopus and she was really nice. I introduced myself and then gave her a card and she said “You’re Bockstark!” That was cool. Other vendors included Cherry Tree Hill (not too impressive), Fyberspates, Hipknits, Lantern Moon (where the guy tried to force me to knit with his needles), Sublime (oh, yummy), 21st Century Yarn which had a sign that said to not take pictures of their yarns (it’s ok though, wasn’t picture worthy anyway), Natural Dye Studio, GetKnitted, and … I forgot the rest. I only bought yarn from Soctopus, Colinette and Sublime. I also got some cute tape measures (as if I didn’t have enough).

This evening I met some English knitters. I was supposed to meet up with Ingrid, but her poor son sprained his ankle. I did, however, meet Sabine, who is also from Germany and she designed the Snicket socks (from Magknits), as well as a bunch of other people who were really nice. And bonus – I finished 2 pairs of socks!!!! The self striping one and the Vista Mare’s! Please don’t ask if I’ve written it up…cuz I haven’t.

It’s kinda funny because I have an automatic response in my head that anytime I want to say something, I think to myself “now how do I say it in German?” and then I realize that hey, I don’t need to know!

I had enough of the knitting show, so tomorrow I am going to head down to Bristol and go to GetKnitted. I think it will be an all day adventure just to get there! Wish me luck!

Made on Friday, October 12th, 2007 @ 2:20 am

Congrats on the interview – nice job! Frist of many I am sure:)

Comment by Shannon

Made on Friday, October 12th, 2007 @ 2:31 am

Wow thats fantastic!

Comment by fbz

Made on Friday, October 12th, 2007 @ 2:37 am

i think it’s socktopus with a k. what yarn did you buy from there? i guess we’ll see pics when you get back *smile*.

Comment by Mark Blevis

Made on Friday, October 12th, 2007 @ 2:57 am

Thanks a million for getting in touch with me and for being a part of my column. I had a lot of fun listening to a few of your shows — and I don’t even knit.

Comment by Auntlyh H

Made on Friday, October 12th, 2007 @ 3:18 am

Congrats, oh famous one! If you see Sabine again, tell her I loved the Snickets and mine got some nice comments on Ravelry (people went off to find the pattern).
I’m really hoping there’s a nice package waiting for you at home…. The suspense is killing me.

Made on Friday, October 12th, 2007 @ 8:00 pm

heh, sounds like you’re having a lot of fun. Then we’ll have some stories to tell. ;-)

Comment by pamela wynne

Made on Friday, October 12th, 2007 @ 9:10 pm

Neat! Congrats on the interview!!
Have fun!

and, no pressure, but I SO want to do the Vista Mares for my SSLM pal. Any estimate on when you’ll have a rough pattern???

Comment by schrodinger

Made on Friday, October 12th, 2007 @ 10:59 pm

Yeah, that exchange rate kills me every time I go home to visit family/friends. Congrats on your interview!

Comment by yvonnep

Made on Friday, October 12th, 2007 @ 11:54 pm

Well, mrs. B., that is a nice interview. And we can read you are kind of busy :-) Enjoy!

Made on Saturday, October 13th, 2007 @ 1:02 am

Very cool! Congrats on being famous. :)

Comment by Lauren

Made on Sunday, October 21st, 2007 @ 1:15 am

Cool about the interview. I am a little Koigu crazy and sometimes start adding up the cost of my skeins! oh,no!!! Here is my Koigu.http://tinyurl.com/2dxpnv

Comment by Alice

Made on Wednesday, October 24th, 2007 @ 8:21 pm

It was fab to meet you! I’ve been listening to knitting uncensored too. Very fun.

Alice x