I’m rockin’!

October 23, 2007 @ 12:58 am
Filed under: misc

Just trying to catch up with lots of old mail and finally am getting to this post! Last week, I was perusing my “junk mail” folder as I usually do and lately Google seems to be over active. Luckily, I found this one from a long time ago from Lynn. She was so kind to nominate MEEEE! I am so sorry that I didn’t get your email until now, please forgive me and thank you so much for nominating me!

And then I was tagged with the “8 Things” meme from my Sock-It-To-Me pal, Jess. 8 things about me…hmm…let me think about this one:

1. I never graduated college. It’s such a shock these days since EVERYONE has a degree (or two or three) these days. I have been very lucky to have gotten in the software field when I did. Sometimes I feel really stupid around educated folk, especially when talking about current events. I know nothing, I don’t read news, the world could be ending tomorrow and I wouldn’t know. OK, maybe I would know that one.

2. I got married at the ripe old age of 21. Can’t believe this year will be our 15th wedding anniversary. Dang, where did the time go?

3. I am a coke-head. Not the bad kind. Well, it is bad for you. I drink coke by the gallon, seriously addicted. My mom was also a coke-head-turned-Starbucks-addict. I usually refuse to drink Pepsi and other non-coke product. Occasionally I will drink Sprite or 7-up or something else.

4. I usually eat something until I get sick of it then move on to something else. For example, last month I ate homemade english muffin pizzas almost every day. Now I am making breakfast burritos every day. One day I will just get tired of it (or maybe I find something else) and latch on to that. But dang, breakfast burritos are damn good.

5. I am a TV-junkie. Since Germany doesn’t have shows in English, I rely on internet TV. I am so happy it exists! Shows I watch are Grey’s Anatomy, Lost, Heroes, House, Bones, 24, The Office, 30 Rock, Prison Break, Ugly Betty, and the list goes on. Great for vegging out and knitting. My favorite right now is Grey’s. Oh how I miss Seattle!

6. I am not a tidy person. My desk and apartment are a total mess. I try to keep it clean, but there are usually piles of stuff – papers, movies, mail, yarn, just STUFF everywhere. I also hate doing dishes. I have a dishwasher but we have lots of stuff that can’t go in there or we need it again right away.

7. In high school, I was the Junior class president (rolls eyes). Ever since the 6th grade, I wanted to live in LA. Don’t ask me why. I did everything I could that would “help” me get into college. I wanted to go to UCLA (ha!) but ended up going for 2 years to USC. I was horrible in college, got really bad grades and I feel really bad wasting my parents hard earned money. But at least that’s where I met my rock star husband! :)

8. I don’t drink coffee, tea or eat seafood.

Made on Tuesday, October 23rd, 2007 @ 3:08 am

Rock on rockin’ sister! I am a huge coca cola fan – no coffee for me. My mouth is watering right now as I am trying to decide if it’s too late for a soda? caffiene-free diet COKE – nah, never too late. If I add a little Captain Morgan it becomes a perfect little nightcap!

Comment by Deidre

Made on Tuesday, October 23rd, 2007 @ 3:16 am

Well, there are quite a few people around with a bunch of degrees that are not very bright at all. I think that living life by exploring new places and meeting new people makes a person well-rounded and very smart! Education is over-rated anyway.
When I lived in Germany (many years ago) there was no internet, in fact, when my mom would call we would have to once a month and talk really, really fast because it was so expensive.
Next fall my son wants to backpack around Europe, especially Germay, I am so happy there are things like Skype and email now!
P.S.I do the same thing with food – eat the same thing until I am tired of it! Right now I am drinking a mango smoothie every morning.

Comment by fbz

Made on Tuesday, October 23rd, 2007 @ 10:53 am

my s.o. was a coke addict too, he started exhibiting some weird stuff, seeing halos around lights, his insomnia got worse, tired all the time. i convinced him to try to quit and drink water instead last summer, but it was about a month of withdrawal craziness, not fun at all. at the end he was up to more than a liter a day. he now drinks water instead and even reports not liking the taste as much. i recommend going off it, if for nothing else, the sugar and/or aspartame content even in a can size is really way too much for one day. ok rant over. *smile* congrats on the rockin’ girl blogger status! you do rock.

Comment by Shannon

Made on Tuesday, October 23rd, 2007 @ 6:18 pm

You are so rockin’!

Comment by Jess

Made on Thursday, October 25th, 2007 @ 10:43 pm

Edcuation is over-rated. I have a degree in biology and I work for a newspaper company selling advertising. How crazy is that? Your computer skillz are much more valuable!

Comment by Linnea

Made on Saturday, October 27th, 2007 @ 5:17 pm

You know, college is the new high school. Once upon a time it was rare for the majority of the population to have a high school degree – now the same seems to be true concerning college. I haven’t finished my degree, either. And while I’d like to for my own entertainment, it hasn’t stopped me from working in a decent career field. /end self-important pontification

Hey, sorry I missed you at the fiber fest. We had a hotel that was about an hour out of Munchen (East) and I thought it would be easy to get there, but with no car, well, we were out of luck. So I bought some discounted mohair something-or-another at a LYS near where we were staying, and drank lots of beer and thought of you. Next time!

Comment by Cathi

Made on Tuesday, October 30th, 2007 @ 9:43 am

Hey can you tell me how to watch some of those TV shows on the computer…many have told me since I’m not in the USA I can’t watch the shows…can’t figure it out!

Congratulations Rocking Girl!