My poor SP11

October 29, 2007 @ 12:42 pm
Filed under: secret pal

Don’t I have the most fantastic SP???

Hi SP, I am sooooo sorry to not have posted all this time. I received a package some time ago – last week(?) and took pictures but never posted. I think I am becoming really de-motivated with posting pics and blogging. It could be that since my husband was gone for 2 weeks I just wanted to hole up and knit. I have been terrible about a lot of things – emailing, skype chatting, blogging, podcast editing (crap, need to do that too). Could be I’m getting burnt out. I do enjoy looking at everyone else’s things but the energy it takes to do the pics, edit pics, upload pics, blog pics, is a little much right now. I’m trying to be good about for SP11…but maybe after that I will take a break.

Anyways, sorry to be a downer, especially since I got the most fantastic package from my SP in Finnland! She sent me 6, count em, 6 skeins of gorgeous Finnish yarn. The colors are just perfect, in different shades of red and wine. That wine color is just irresistible to me. It is the same color as my marisilk, which I bought 3 skeins of. The wine colored ones are laceweight, and the other four are worsted weight. They are all silk/wool blends and oh soooooo soft! She also included a huge honkin’ bar of dangerously good raspberry chocolate as well as a cute cat bookmarker, perfect for pattern books! I have to admit, I always wanted one of these “fancy” type bookmarkers, but never bought one. I’m trying to save some chocolate for the family, but, well, that’s not going over so well. It’s addictive! :) Thank you sooo much, SP! And again, I apologize for not getting this post up sooner.

Comment by tini

Made on Monday, October 29th, 2007 @ 10:41 pm

oooh I do have that yarn in turqouise from my sp! it is soooooo soft. Let’s do a KAL whenever I’m finished with my 2 current projects!

Made on Tuesday, October 30th, 2007 @ 11:03 am

Well, I hope you feel better now that he’s back. :-)

Made on Tuesday, October 30th, 2007 @ 2:28 pm

Wow – what a great pal indeed! Lucky girl!!

Made on Tuesday, October 30th, 2007 @ 7:14 pm

Your secret pal is super awesome! That is definitely a great package.

Love ya girl. Try not to overwhelm yourself. You have so much going on. I would miss you a lot if you went away. But do take time out for yourself to relax and do whatever makes you happy.

Comment by Sabine

Made on Wednesday, October 31st, 2007 @ 1:40 am

Hey, you have really been spoilt rotten. That is fantastic. As to the burn-out feeling, I am going through it right now as well – and coincidentally (?) my husband has worked long hours lately and not been in a single evening last week. Maybe we should just allow ourselves that looking after two kids is an exhausting job, no matter how much we love them.
It would be a great loss if you would stop blogging, mailing and podcasting.

Comment by schrodinger

Made on Thursday, November 1st, 2007 @ 12:44 am

What a really great package.

Now look after yourself, getting burned out will help no-one, esp. not yourself :)

Made on Friday, November 2nd, 2007 @ 4:28 pm

I am feeling the non-knitting energy right now too. Actually, it’s kind of translating into a non-knitting thing. EEK! Maybe it’s being so busy. Anyways, those are lovely and I am glad to see a post from you!