I’m getting stuff done!!!

November 7, 2007 @ 1:53 am
Filed under: misc,podcast

OK, it really works to set goals and write them down and really focus on it. I know this, I have done this many, many times and yet, I always fall back on just having it “in my head”. What happens is that it never gets done. I have procrastinated editing the most recent podcast episode, just due to laziness and oh my god, I need so much time to do that. I was supposed to send Billy Reid his socks, they have been done since I got back from London. Can you believe since the time I told him I was making him socks to when I sent them (TODAY!) he moved from Victoria to Vancouver and back!

So, my goals for this week are:
1. Edit the podcast and get it uploaded
2. Send the socks to Billy which requires photographing, washing and coming up with a creative package for it
3. Make at least a rough draft of the pattern to get test knitted
4. Create my xmas list and figure out where I’m at knitting wise
5. Tell people to stop having so many babies that I can’t keep up with knitted gifts
6. Take pictures of some finished objects that have been sitting around waiting for me

So, I am proud to say that it is Tuesday, and #1 and #2 are DONE! #5 is also done, being that I posted it here, in which everyone who read it vows not to have a baby in the next 12-24 months. #4 is half done, and #6 will hopefully be done tomorrow. Which that leaves big #3 in question. Will I accomplish this feat that Ms. Flint Knits has been harassing me to? For her sake and mine, I hope the answer is yes.

Comment by pamela wynne

Made on Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 @ 2:29 am

Yay!! I’m glad my shameless pestering has gotten through! I’ll stop now. But you KNOW I’m first in line to test knit these babies, right? xo

Made on Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 @ 4:48 am

Super awesome! I love the packaging. I’d totally test knit for you too. :D Oh, and I promise, no more babies. LOL

Comment by Kerry

Made on Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 @ 4:49 am

Oh. My. Goodness. They are breathtaking.

Made on Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 @ 5:09 am

Wow – the socks rock! Gorgeous – beautiful blue! And did you say “edit the podcast”? Yay!!

Comment by Auntlyh H

Made on Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 @ 5:38 am

Sign me up as a test knitter!
Rockin’ packaging. Do you want to make one for my dad’s b-day socks for me? I’m at a loss for creative packaging ideas at the moment.

Comment by alala

Made on Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 @ 9:24 am

You know, considering how much I love the feeling of Getting Stuff Done, it’s a shame that I only manage it once or twice a year. I also tend to rely on my notoriously unreliable memory. So go you! Good work.

P.S. I’d volunteer to test-knit too, but it looks like you have enough testers for this one. Next project, maybe?

Made on Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 @ 9:52 am

Maybe I should start setting some serious goals, too…like re-cast-on the Billy Reid Socks. :-p

Comment by tini

Made on Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 @ 10:16 am

yay for making lists too. They tend to keep me focused and posting them online really puts more force behind it. I’m close to finish my first babysleeping bag, so #1 of my list will be done soon. These sleeping bags are sooo easy. If I stick to them I can finish one in one or two afternoons. So much faster than knitting :) But I vow not to get any babies till 2009 o.k.? ( I’m cheating here since I’ll be taking meds till then and won’t be able to get any babies anyway….)

If you need another testknitter, count me in ;)

Comment by fbz

Made on Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 @ 11:06 am

no babies, it’s a deal. me acquiring more computers and electronic equipment though is inevitable, but luckily you don’t have to knit anything for them when they come into your life or other people’s lives. see? servers are great!

Comment by Ebony

Made on Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 @ 11:29 am

Those are fabulous! I love your color selection and the patterning on the socks. Definitely a winner!

Made on Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 @ 4:26 pm

Those are stunning! I love all the twisted stitches…the design is amazing!!!!

Made on Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 @ 4:32 pm

No babies here! Promise! If you need a test knitter, just let me know. The Billy Reid’s look great and I’d love to help.

Comment by deknit

Made on Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 @ 8:09 pm

the socks look awesome! the package-thing (what the **** is the word for Banderole in english) for it also looks so cool!
… gotta go listen to the podcast now.

Comment by kelp!

Made on Wednesday, November 7th, 2007 @ 10:58 pm

Oooh, I’ve been waiting for these socks! If you’re looking for test knitters, I’d be willing to lend a hand…

Comment by schrodinger

Made on Thursday, November 8th, 2007 @ 12:50 am

Those socks are very special – you have another volunteer here ;)

Made on Thursday, November 8th, 2007 @ 4:21 am

Yay for the Billie Reid socks. They look super awesome! His toes and feet are gonna be super cozy.

Comment by Jess

Made on Thursday, November 8th, 2007 @ 10:20 pm

I’ll throw my name in the test-knitting hat! Those socks are beautiful. I’m pretty sure I was stalking them (you) on Ravelry. In fact, I think I promised white bread, American chocolate and t-shirts (maybe I should change that to American blue jeans) for your boys in return for that pattern.

Comment by marietta

Made on Friday, November 9th, 2007 @ 6:28 am

the socks are fantastic – the twisted stitches are really stunning. I look forward to the podcast! I would love to be a test knitter too! But alas, have just the one baby and it is hard to get all done :) How do you do it?

Comment by Tanja

Made on Saturday, November 10th, 2007 @ 3:20 pm

How gorgeous!!

Comment by Ulli

Made on Tuesday, November 13th, 2007 @ 1:57 pm

The most beautiful socks in the web I saw today!

Hugs Ulli

Comment by Stella

Made on Wednesday, November 14th, 2007 @ 8:45 pm

These are really, really stunning. I’m delurking to tell you that I would be eternally grateful if you published a pattern. :)

Comment by Melissa

Made on Wednesday, November 21st, 2007 @ 7:45 am

Yay!!! You’re going to publish a pattern?! I’m all over that.