Looking for a soap cover pattern

November 10, 2007 @ 6:12 pm
Filed under: patterns

UPDATE: Thanks to the awesome people who commented – it was on Ravelry after all. I swore I searched for “soap” and didn’t see it. Really, I did look! But it is called a “soap sweater” and was just what I was looking for! You guys rock, thanks again!

This is driving me nuts. I remember reading somewhere about a “soap cozy” (or something like that) where you knit around a bar of soap (it’s not a bag with a drawstring) and then it felts down whenever it’s used. Anyone know of the pattern? It seems easy enough, but I wanted to see it again before making it and it’s driving me nuts because I can’t find it. It was for one of those oval soaps and not a square bar. Or maybe this was my imagination? Dammit, I knew I should’ve bookmarked it! If anyone knows it, please tell me!!!

Comment by Sonia

Made on Saturday, November 10th, 2007 @ 6:48 pm

I think I found it. Its on Knitting Pattern Central.com under Bath, its called the soap sweater. It felts as you use it and it was so far the only one that I see that can be used with an oval shape soap and doesn’t have a draw string hanging off of it. Hope its what your looking for.Have a great weekend.

Comment by Becca

Made on Saturday, November 10th, 2007 @ 6:48 pm

Where you thinking of this one?

Comment by fbz

Made on Saturday, November 10th, 2007 @ 11:39 pm

Made on Sunday, November 11th, 2007 @ 1:41 am

Made on Sunday, November 11th, 2007 @ 1:43 am

When on Ravelry, go to patterns and type the word “soap” in the search and you’ll find a whole variety!

Comment by pamela wynne

Made on Monday, November 12th, 2007 @ 1:44 am

aw, I was all set with my link, and everybody else beat me to it. :)
good luck!

Comment by TeresaB

Made on Monday, November 12th, 2007 @ 6:17 am

I have a different one I think. My LYS does these as a kids class, but it’s not knitted, so it may not be what you were thinking about.

Comment by Knitting Bandit

Made on Wednesday, November 14th, 2007 @ 3:25 am

I saw this on Ravelry! It is so cool! I love the idea. It’s now on my queu! Yea!