Die WollBox – why did you hide from me?

November 23, 2007 @ 5:09 pm
Filed under: yarn

I was reading the German Ravelry posts and came across this little gem of a store called Die Wollbox. They have Noro, Peaches & Cream, Sublime, Trekking (have you seen the hand dyed sock yarn – only 3 colors but daaayyyuuuummm!), Cascade 220 and some others. Not an indie dyer, and not the greatest yarn – but it’s stuff that is NOT NORMAL in a lot of german yarn stores and the prices really aren’t that bad. It’s expensive if compared to the US (esp with the exchange rate) but if you only want a little sumthin’ sumthin’, it’s a great place. Must…not…place…order…AND THEY HAVE KNIT PICKS NEEDLES!!!! I’m about to pee my pants.

Also, I got a shipment of malabrigo worsted in…can I just roll around in it now?

Comment by fbz

Made on Friday, November 23rd, 2007 @ 6:11 pm

yep i thought you knew about this store. apparently some other people on the #ravelry irc channel said she has really good service too. oh, and i found her because i was looking for the jojoland melody: apparently really awesome color transitions similar to trekking. i also ordered myself some peaches+cream *smile* and a bunch of those knitpicks needles.

Comment by tini

Made on Friday, November 23rd, 2007 @ 7:51 pm

I have ordered from them a couple of times. Really nice to deal with! The trekking dyes up great ;)

Comment by Mari

Made on Saturday, November 24th, 2007 @ 12:47 am

Great. Now I peed in my pants. And I don’t even live in Germany! :-)

Made on Saturday, November 24th, 2007 @ 7:12 pm

Ooooooooooohhhhh!!!

Comment by knitlady

Made on Monday, November 26th, 2007 @ 10:55 am

I love the Wollbox. I usually order my Addis there, cheap shipping and all length available :) I think about ordering some Cascade 220 for the CPH *g*

Made on Wednesday, November 28th, 2007 @ 3:50 am

I *heart* Cascade 220. That is funny though, I am sitting here reading you post, at first thinking “What is so special about that?”

Oh. Right. You’re in Germany! DUH! *smacks forehead*