Pictures…finally!

December 21, 2007 @ 9:27 am

Yarn binge!

Mom’s new tabi socks

La Digitessa…masterpiece in the making!

Ugliest baby sweater EVER!

Poisonous Firestarters are done!

I know, I have been super horrible with pictures. I get them up on flickr and then forget about them. Let’s see…I went on a yarn binge in Houston, I finished up the Firestarters that I’ve had on my needles since October. I also finished up tabi socks for my mom for Christmas. I have also been chugging along on Yarnissima’s La Digitessa. Gorgeous!!!! It is a little snug, and I’ve considered frogging. But now that I’m on the gusset, I think frogging is out the window. I think I’d rather give them away if they were too tight. Who am I kidding though, as much work as this sock is, I don’t think I could part with it. It takes an amazing amount of concentration to learn the pattern, but once you learn it (it only takes 1 repeat), you can chug along. The gusset is a little tricky, I hope I’m doing it right, I guess I’ll email Yarnissima herself and make sure.

Notes on the Firestarters, the pattern is changed quite a bit. I did a magic toe, I didn’t do any ribbing except for a 1×1 twisted rib cuff, and I did an eye-of-partridge heel. This sock fits very, very nicely. It’s a little snug and I like it. It’s like buttah. And the best part is that I have enough yarn for another pair, I may even do Firestarters again!

I also included a picture of the fugly Striped Lily the Pink. It is awful. and ugly. And I cry every time I look at it since I believe I will have to chuck it. I am putting it on the side for now until maybe I learn how to put things together properly.

Other than that, I’ve been enjoying my time in the islands. The weather here is perfect. It has rained every day, but just for a minute or two and then the sun comes out and rainbows are everywhere. I thought it would be a lot hotter and humider than it is. The breezes are really nice. The whole family is enjoying going outside without having to put on a sweater, jacket, socks, shoes, mittens and hat. This year Rowan really enjoyed the beach. In previous years, they have been too scared to go into the water. Elijah is still scared to go in, but we’re going to try again at a different beach (one without waves) and I think that will go over better. I have also been eating all of my favorite foods (ono grinds) and probably gained about 5 pounds in 2 days.

Comment by Tanja

Made on Friday, December 21st, 2007 @ 8:58 pm

Hi, Kris,

das sind mal wieder wunderschöne Fotos!! Besonders gut gefallen mir die Digitessa und die Firestarters.

Und musste sehr über Deinen Eintrag über die schlechten deutschen Mülltüten lachen – ich kann Dir die von der dm-Drogerie empfehlen. Die halten viel aus ;-)

Viele liebe Grüße
Tanja

Made on Saturday, December 22nd, 2007 @ 2:13 am

Nice socks – wow – Love the Firestarters with the modifications, love the Eye of Partridge heel and the rich Poison #5, I don’t think I can resist it one more time – nice. I am so hoping that Digitessa will be under my tree:) I hope you continue enjoying your vacation!

Made on Saturday, December 22nd, 2007 @ 3:00 am

I love pics. :) I’m not going to lie, I skimmed through the post, but commented for the pics. Your Firestarters are to DIE for.

Oh, and on Digitessa…I bought the pattern last night. I still liked the other cable better. Anyways, about how big are your feet? Which size needle did you use? And do you think I should use Wollmeise (Gewitterhimmel) or CTH (Water)??? lol So many questions.

Comment by Ulli

Made on Saturday, December 22nd, 2007 @ 12:29 pm

I only can repeat myself what I wrote a couple of weeks ago: Your Socks are the most beautiful socks I see in the www.

Comment by sandy

Made on Saturday, December 22nd, 2007 @ 7:46 pm

omg La digi is so beautiful! love the firestarters too! Hope you are enjoying your vacation!

Made on Tuesday, December 25th, 2007 @ 2:05 am

*Urgh* Need to pick up my Firestarters again….

Comment by Sonia

Made on Tuesday, December 25th, 2007 @ 5:05 pm

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Oh finally caught on some net time (I’ve gone back to work) an all I have to say is (now hum the tune in your head)”It your blog and you can write what you want to.” Sorry I couldn’t help it. I didn’t see anything bad about that post just funny. Heck truly with all the great things you say about Germany I can’t wait to be able to go with my husband there.

Comment by Carolynn

Made on Thursday, December 27th, 2007 @ 4:07 am

Wow — I followed the link over from Stacey’s site — your firestarters are great! I was *just* wondering how mine would look if I skipped the ribbing up the leg — now I know! And the eye of partridge heel is a perfect sub; I’m guessing the ribbed heel wouldn’t have looked right without the ribbed cuff. :) Your Digitessa’s are coming along wonderfully — thanks for reminding me I need to order my pattern!

Comment by WiscJennyAnn

Made on Friday, December 28th, 2007 @ 12:21 am

Beautiful Digitessas, Firestarters and Tabis! Man, I gotta get back to my socks! (Oh, and tell us more more more about the islands! I need material for daydreams of warmth for my Upper-Midwestern winter.)

Comment by Michelle

Made on Friday, January 4th, 2008 @ 2:09 pm

OMG!! Look at your socks!!! You’ve come a LONG way in the past year !! YEAH! Good for you!
Nice yarns choices and love the EOP heel myself!
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Hope you enjoyed your hopliday trip to HI.
Sorry about the DVD thing, had no idea….