Hau’oli Makahiki Hou!

January 1, 2008 @ 12:21 am
Filed under: misc,rants

Just wanted to wish everyone out there in the internets a happy new year, in Hawaiian, of course! Yarn acquisition continues at a break neck pace. I bought 4 skeins of Cascade 220 at Aloha Yarn. That store was really nice and I highly recommend it. They don’t have a whole lot of hand dyes, but a nice variety of yarns in a very comfortable little shop. I hope to go back there before I leave, since this last time my dad and kids were waiting for me in the car, I pretty much had to go in and out. The owner, Nanea, is very nice and helpful.

I am currently working on some felted clogs for my boys but I couldn’t get gauge, so I decided to just knit a bigger size and keep my fingers crossed. The problem with that is that I ran out of yarn! I only need enough to seam, so maybe it’ll be ok. I’m a little worried that the Lamb’s Pride will be too hairy, so I decided to try and make some out of Cascade 220 (any excuse to buy more yarn). I’m almost done with the pair and it’s looking really close. There is more yardage in the cascade, so I think I’ll be ok. We’ll see very very soon. AND I want to do more felting projects because my parents have a top loader!!! :)

OK, now my gripe about the US. What is the freaking deal with having Region 1 only DVD players? It really pisses me off. In other countries (except maybe Canada), all DVD players can play all regions so you can buy DVD’s anywhere and play them. My poor boys can’t watch Nemo because we bought it in Germany. Luckily, we have lots of Region 1 titles too.

Hope you guys have a great new year! And if you haven’t already, go and listen to the 11th and highly controversial episode of Knitters Uncensored!

Made on Tuesday, January 1st, 2008 @ 12:57 pm

Sawaddee Pee Mai! Now, how’s that for Happy New Year in Thai? :-p

Yeah, 11th episode is pretty controversial. I’m feeling as though I’m being bashed by all sides right now. :-/

Comment by kim

Made on Wednesday, January 2nd, 2008 @ 4:25 am

Are you in Hawaii now? Think about meeting up with the Aloha Knitters group while you’re here. We meet every thursday, at Mocha Java Cafe at Ward Center, at about 7pm.

Made on Wednesday, January 2nd, 2008 @ 10:22 pm

Happy New Year! And…I don’t know why. Cuz we’re crazy? Yeah. That’s it. :)

Comment by Barb

Made on Friday, January 4th, 2008 @ 9:54 am

Glad you were able to come to MJ. It was so nice to meet you. Happy New Year!

Comment by alala

Made on Saturday, January 5th, 2008 @ 1:15 am

Cool! If I memorize that, then I will know two things in Hawaiian! (The other one is mele kalikimaka). No wait – three! Betcha can’t guess the third! Heh.

Comment by Kristan

Made on Monday, January 7th, 2008 @ 2:21 am

Region 1 only DVD players, ugh. A friend sent me the “Erkan & Stefan Gegen Die Maechte Der Finsternis” DVD a couple years ago when I got back to the States (I spent a couple weeks in Germany and was FASCINATED by German TV, especially Erkan & Stefan), and I’ve only been able to watch it twice because my computer will permanently play only Region 2 DVDs if I switch formats again. So sad!