My husband makes me LOL without even trying

February 5, 2008 @ 1:30 am
Filed under: misc

So, I remember a few days ago my husband mentioning how ticked off he was that he bought shampoo only it turned out to be conditioner. And I was like “didn’t you check it”? And he said yes, that it did in fact look like shampoo (the bottle did, at least). He didn’t know that “Pflegespülung” means conditioner. And mind you, my husband buys things that he is familiar with – so he always buys Clairol Herbal Essences. This is the shampoo with the woman going nuts because it smells so good. I always thought it was funny, but it smells good, so whatever. Anyways, he has bought shampoo before, but maybe they were out, so he picked up a bottle that looked like shampoo. If he bothered to open the bottle, he would’ve known immediately that it was not shampoo.

So today, while in the shower, I noticed that he bought a new bottle of shampoo. It is called “Guhl” (pronounced “ghoul”). I was laughing so hard! Because in my head, he was so mad at Herbal Essenses, that he bought the one thing that was the least flowery and Herbal Essense-like. It says something like “has a manly scent”. Oh god, I’m still laughing…

Comment by stariel

Made on Tuesday, February 5th, 2008 @ 6:33 am

Ah, the perils of shopping in a foreign language!

In Norway one of the women living in my hallway almost washed her underwear in lemon scented counter cleaner (it was a weird squeezy-out paste kind) because she bought it thinking it was handwash laundry detergent.

Comment by Courtney

Made on Tuesday, February 5th, 2008 @ 7:23 am

Thats funny :-)

Comment by da twine

Made on Tuesday, February 5th, 2008 @ 10:54 am

aloha! that story reminds me of a curious soap we bought in sweden. the brand name printed on the bottle was “bliw” with a child’s cartoon drawing of an animal (a wolf?). but if you looked at the bottle in the mirror, it said “wild.” i was so amused by it (and admiring of the bottle design) that i’ve kept it all these years and still use it.

Made on Tuesday, February 5th, 2008 @ 11:23 am

That’s funny….especially the fact that he bought something because there’s the ‘manly scent’ in it.

Made on Tuesday, February 5th, 2008 @ 11:39 am

LOL, what a cute story!

Comment by alala

Made on Tuesday, February 5th, 2008 @ 1:35 pm

Hahahaha! My husband forgot his shower gel at the gym once, and when I told him he could borrow mine, he gave me a profoundly offended look and said, “It smells like girl!”

Comment by Deb

Made on Tuesday, February 5th, 2008 @ 4:57 pm

Hilarious! Well, I’m sure he’ll maintain his ‘manly scent’ from now on.