I thought I was done!

March 12, 2008 @ 11:32 pm

Booties ready to be delivered!

I just finished making 7 pairs of booties (2 of which are not completely finished but knitting wise they are done) and I thought I was done, but then my cousin goes off and has a baby boy yesterday. The Hazel Knits comes back out! I love the Beach Glass/Chocolatier combo, totally perfect! I am also playing with stripes. I need to figure out how to make them with those leaves (from the original pattern) so that I can avoid buying and sewing on buttons. I hate buttons. I never feel like they are secure enough.

And BIG NEWS – I cast on for a … drum roll … SWEATER! Yes, you heard that right, a garment! Not a sock, not a scarf, not a bootie, not children’s clothing, a full grown man’s sweater! Michael actually requested one. I knit him one out of alpaca when we lived in TEXAS so it never got worn and it is still too hot to even wear here. I attempted to knit him one out of cotton, but got about 1/2 way done and put it away (this was 12 or so years ago) and I just frogged it 6 months ago. It was waaaaay too huge. I have also made maybe 3 or 4 other sweaters. One sleeveless one for my mom who actually wore it quite a bit. One for my sister, who I’m guessing never wore it, and a couple for myself – one came out waaaay too bulky and the other I wore a few times. So I haven’t had very much luck when it comes to sweaters. But now that I know a whole lot more about knitting and am more careful about stuff, I thought it was time to try it again. After scouring Ravelry for appropriate patterns, I decided on Jared’s Cobblestone Pullover. I almost didn’t cast on because looking at how much it would cost was very off putting. And then I found Cascade 220 tweed at Die Wollbox for around 7eur/skein. Not bad at all! Wish me luck, I hope I don’t get too bored with the stockinette…

Made on Thursday, March 13th, 2008 @ 12:18 am

Gaaaaaaawd, now you’re making me contemplating knitting Cobblestone, too. There’s this silk-tweed yarn at Lanaiolo I’ve been trying to find an excuse to use. :-p

Made on Thursday, March 13th, 2008 @ 12:18 am

The booties are fab! Congrats on jumping into the sweater “pool”!

Comment by Stacey

Made on Thursday, March 13th, 2008 @ 2:02 am

Okay, I have been thinking that I need the sea glass/ chocolatier combo for some Endpaper Mitts – then you go and do this…I am not sure I can live without this yarn now. Thanks. :)

Your booties are so darling, I want to hug them!

Comment by Barb

Made on Thursday, March 13th, 2008 @ 3:10 am

The booties are so cute. Can’t wait to see the sweater.

Comment by Courtney

Made on Thursday, March 13th, 2008 @ 5:40 am

The booties look great and I cant wait to see the sweater

Comment by sandy

Made on Thursday, March 13th, 2008 @ 4:30 pm

I made one for Hubby. really easy pattern. it will be great!

Comment by Opal

Made on Thursday, March 13th, 2008 @ 11:40 pm

I love these booties! The color combinations are fabulous. :)

Comment by Schrodinger

Made on Saturday, March 15th, 2008 @ 4:32 pm

Those booties are adorable! Well done for starting a sweater for hubby, I hope this one turns out much better than before.