Happy swapping!

March 14, 2008 @ 1:24 am
Filed under: secret pal,yarn

Finally! Pictures!

Can you believe this gorgeousness?

OK, so remember last year when I got my final package from Heli, my SP11? I was supposed to post pictures but didn’t get around to it until NOW. I am a super bad SP11… Better late than never I say! So here it is! She got me several balls of really soft bamboo yarn, some handspun(?) yarn that is good for felting and a ginormous (150g) skein of baby/sock yarn. I had to buy an extra bin of yarn storage for all the yarn she has given me! Thanks again, Heli, I am so sorry to take forever posting these pics!

Then from my previous post about handspun, I traded some of my Wollmeise for some of Micki‘s fingering weight handspun. I think I got the better end of that deal! She is a really great spinner and produced some really gorgeous yarn! I also have some spinning friends who have volunteered to spin up some stuff for me! I am so lucky! Shopping for roving has been so much fun, there is a LOT of gorgeous stuff out there!

I thought long and hard about if I should get a wheel or not and financially, it’s not in the cards. :( I will have to rely on trades and spinning friends to feed my handspun appetite for now! Just as well, it probably wouldn’t keep my interest enough to justify the cost. Hmpf!

Comment by Micki

Made on Friday, March 14th, 2008 @ 2:30 am

Hooray for happy swaps! Both of us felt like we got the better deal. :)

Comment by Stacey

Made on Friday, March 14th, 2008 @ 4:37 am

Wow – the handspun is simply incredible! I mean Wollmeise is amazing too – but wow. Also saw your test knit sock pattern on Flickr – it’s fabulous!

Made on Friday, March 14th, 2008 @ 1:46 pm

oh my gosh! that handspun is beautiful!!!

Comment by sandy

Made on Friday, March 14th, 2008 @ 3:54 pm

oooo pretty hand spun.

Made on Saturday, March 15th, 2008 @ 1:46 am

Oh, come on….you know, now that I’m pretty proficient with spinning, I can teach you to drop spindle properly now. At least that will get you going.

Made on Sunday, March 16th, 2008 @ 1:48 am

Oh wow!! Her handspun is absolutely lovely! Does she sell it?! I would totally buy some.

Comment by Opal

Made on Sunday, March 16th, 2008 @ 8:38 pm

Gorgeous handspun! If you need another spinner for your handspun fix, let me know!

Comment by pamela wynne

Made on Friday, March 21st, 2008 @ 9:25 pm

oh my WORD that handspun is GORGEOUS. Seriously, does she sell it??

Comment by knitting bandit

Made on Monday, March 24th, 2008 @ 6:56 pm

I love Micki’s yarn. It’s hard to believe she just started spinning. I avoid all things spinning, other than the end product of course. I love to knit and what if I learned to spin and loved it? Then what? I can’t knit everything I want to now as it is!

Comment by Angeluna

Made on Friday, March 28th, 2008 @ 12:06 am

Chris, I am so glad you and Micki are both happy. I can attest that she only purchased that wheel very recently and just sat down and this perfect yarn flowed through her fingers. She was born to spinning it seems. The only problem here is that it is the spinning which has a siren song for her and her lovely knitting is getting short shrift for the moment. Every time I see her she shows me a few more skeins. The last were breathtaking.

Can’t wait to see what you knit up with it.