WIP: Baudelaire in Posh Yarn Lucia

April 8, 2008 @ 11:54 pm

Look at that amazing texture!

I am being so good. I am knitting from my stash. And not recent stash – DEEP stash! I bought this yarn about a year ago and didn’t like the feel and color of it. It is 70% merino and 30% cashmere and it is indeed soft, but it’s kind of sticky like when you rub velvet the wrong way. I think the colors on the web were much more darker and vibrant, so it was a slight let down. But I liked it enough to keep it, and the person it was for would like it. It was supposed to be socks for my mother-in-law LAST YEAR, but never got the time to do it, so I decided to do it this year. And it makes me feel good that I’m getting a jump start on Christmas. Well, really, what it is is that I want to reduce how much we spend at Christmas, and hand knit socks are priceless!! Hand knit cashmere socks…well…much better than some bargain basement DVD from Target.

Anyways, so I wound the yarn up on my injured ball winder and still didn’t like it, and I started having regrets. But then, I started knitting with it and my god, it was amazing. The pattern was the perfect choice – Baudelaire by CookieA. The stitch definition and the fabric was very pleasing and oh-so-soft-you-can’t-stop-touching-it. I’m still not happy with the color, but I have to remember that it’s not for me. I know that my MIL will love it!

Made on Wednesday, April 9th, 2008 @ 2:15 am

Ohhh it looks pretty. Like…frozen plums or something.

Comment by Courtney

Made on Wednesday, April 9th, 2008 @ 2:58 am

Very Pretty!!! I Love them !

Comment by Stacey

Made on Wednesday, April 9th, 2008 @ 3:27 am

omg – this yarn is goreous! You have “introduced” me to more awesome sock yarns…I now must go on a hunt for some Posh! Great pattern choice, I love the leaves!

Comment by Chrissy

Made on Wednesday, April 9th, 2008 @ 3:53 am

That sock/yarn combo is totally drool worthy. Totally.

Comment by Lynn

Made on Wednesday, April 9th, 2008 @ 4:39 am

Seriously those are exquisite!

Made on Wednesday, April 9th, 2008 @ 8:52 am

Your MIL is gonna love it! It’s soooo pretty. :)

Comment by Deb

Made on Wednesday, April 9th, 2008 @ 6:24 pm

Man, I love lucia sock yarn! Friends joined Dee’s Posh sock club a year ago and each gave me a skein of this yarn. I overdyed one (atrocious color)- and knit the other right away.

I have to say, it did feel a little weird at first, but after I wore the socks I JUST LOVED them. They wash really well on cold/gentle, and are always great to wear.

What a great gift!

Comment by Barb

Made on Wednesday, April 9th, 2008 @ 7:17 pm

Ooh, these are looking very plush and yummy!

Comment by minniedent

Made on Thursday, April 10th, 2008 @ 3:15 am

I agree with Deb. I’ve heard Posh Lucia gets much softer after a wash.

Comment by Tanja

Made on Saturday, April 12th, 2008 @ 12:27 pm

Richtige Sch̦nheiten werden das Рdie Wolle sieht toll aus und das Muster ist herrlich!

Liebe Grüße
Tanja

Comment by Juls

Made on Sunday, April 13th, 2008 @ 8:04 pm

Deep Stash – I like that category! I felt soooo virtuous lately when I busted out my first skein of sock yarn, ever!

Comment by Kaya