Finally Fiber Friday!

May 16, 2008 @ 12:55 pm
Filed under: spinning

Where do I start?

So, fiber parents are here, finally! :) I am in fiber heaven! The problem is that I don’t know where to start! CMF is really calling to me, but 8oz just seems like a lot. Maybe try a BFL again? or have better luck with merino/tencel? Or try out a bamboo blend? or silk blend??? So many choices!

It’s also hard because I know that I *should* visit with parents but gah, I also want to spin spin spin! I may never leave my apartment again. :)

Also, thanks to everyone who entered the contest, I really wish I could give some handspun to every one of you! You all gave such good reasons!

Comment by Sarah

Made on Friday, May 16th, 2008 @ 1:25 pm

Be very glad you’re in Germany and I’m on the other side of the ocean, because if you were any closer, I’d probably want to steal a large portion of that fiber! Just gorgeous! Let us know how you like the CMF if you start spinning it up. My fiber budget is very small right now, but I keep eyeing that stuff and if it’s good, I’ll want to splurge.

Comment by Stacey

Made on Friday, May 16th, 2008 @ 1:45 pm

Wow! I am just going to *have* to spin I think – eek! The fiber is gorgeous! Have fun – with your parents I mean.

Made on Friday, May 16th, 2008 @ 2:02 pm

SCORE!!!
Well, looks like you have enough to keep you busy for a couple of days. Oh wait, your boys will want to be fed and spend time with Mommy…okay, it’ll keep you busy a couple of weeks.;-)

Comment by Jessica

Made on Friday, May 16th, 2008 @ 3:56 pm

Holy cow! Isn’t it just soooooo easy to stash fiber? I look at 4 oz./100g and think “That’s one or two afternoons of spinning. I should get another color” and then it gets crazy. Can’t wait to see the handspun, especially that Pigeonroof Artichoke!

Comment by Shannon

Made on Friday, May 16th, 2008 @ 4:37 pm

Remember – you can talk and spin!

You have so many great looking new choices it will be hard to choose. You could throw a dart at that image and see what happens.
But it really won’t matter all of them are winners!

Comment by Monika

Made on Friday, May 16th, 2008 @ 10:14 pm

Looks like you could open a shop and sell – fiber! Na, I know how you feel! Enjoy! :o)

Made on Saturday, May 17th, 2008 @ 12:37 pm

Teach your parents to spin then. :-p

Comment by Angie

Made on Saturday, May 17th, 2008 @ 2:38 pm

Wow… when you get totally overwhelmed with all that fiber and just can’t figure out what to spin next, just remember that there are plenty of us out here willing to take some of it off your hands… just to relieve your stress, of course! ;)

Comment by Zonda

Made on Sunday, May 18th, 2008 @ 3:13 am

Awesome! Such pretty colorways! Glad you finally got your fiber fix!

Comment by Barb

Made on Sunday, May 18th, 2008 @ 9:56 am

Wow wow WOW! Where to begin? That is the question. Have fun.

Made on Sunday, May 18th, 2008 @ 10:55 am