Crack Mountain Farms

May 25, 2008 @ 12:41 pm
Filed under: spinning

corriedale pencil roving in “Dance of the Dervish”

superwash merino in “We Are the Champions”

BFL in “Silk Road”

Twisted Fiber Art Festive in “Warlock”

Yep, you read that right! My parents have been here, what, a week or so? And in that time, I’ve spun up a pound and a half of CMF. I’ve tried the Corriedale Pencil Roving, the superwash merino and the BFL. The pencil roving was the most boring because it was too easy, no challenge whatsoever. It’s ok for 4oz, but when it’s 8oz, towards the end you just want to get it over with. The sw merino was lovely, I think that was my favorite of the 3. The BFL was ok, I don’t know what it is with me and BFL. Everyone loves it and I don’t. It’s ok and all, but I much prefer merino.

I wanted to spin up some different fibers, so I broke into my Twisted Fiber Art stash and I’m spinning up the Festive (merino/silk blend). It is dreamy!

I think I will need to change this blog title to “Bockstark Spins”! :)

Comment by Stacey

Made on Sunday, May 25th, 2008 @ 1:56 pm

o.m.g. woman, you are a spinning fiend! Do you need an intervention? Is that why your parents really came to visit? :) I love the Crown Mountain, wow – it is fabulous! You are going to entice me to the darkside yet – heehee!

Comment by Elinor

Made on Sunday, May 25th, 2008 @ 2:01 pm

So pretty! Oh man, they’re all so fabulous and barber-pole-y and deliciously handspun. They’re beautiful.

Comment by Sarah

Made on Sunday, May 25th, 2008 @ 2:18 pm

You are making me feel very guilty for neglecting my wheel while I pack up the house! I’m so glad the wheel is going to be moved to my parents’ this week and will finally have a chance to play again this week, because I feel like I need to try to spin something to rival your spinning! The stuff that’s on your bobbin now is my favorite of this group.

Comment by Micki

Made on Sunday, May 25th, 2008 @ 2:27 pm

Egad, you’ve even changed your masthead to be spinning related!

It’s all gorgeous, though. I hope your parents aren’t feeling too neglected. :)

Comment by Rosa

Made on Sunday, May 25th, 2008 @ 2:32 pm

With gorgeous fiber like those, I would only spin too. Lovely!

Comment by Katie

Made on Sunday, May 25th, 2008 @ 3:16 pm

I’m going to be joining you in the “used to knit” category. I’m trying not to find too many great sources of fiber. Did you know scout’s swag and spunky electric do custom fiber orders? I’m such an enabler. :0

Made on Sunday, May 25th, 2008 @ 3:54 pm

Or just “Bockstark”…like Madonna

Comment by Zonda

Made on Sunday, May 25th, 2008 @ 4:17 pm

Hehe..I like Bobbi’s suggestion! Gorgeous handspun!

Comment by Wendee

Made on Sunday, May 25th, 2008 @ 5:22 pm

These are so freaking gorgeous – I can hardly stand it. I might have to stop reading. I’m being lulled to the dark side.

Comment by Monika

Made on Sunday, May 25th, 2008 @ 5:24 pm

Wow – I’m impressed. Each and every one is beautiful. They are similar in color. Do you know what you’ll do with your hand spun yarn yet?

Comment by alala

Made on Sunday, May 25th, 2008 @ 7:48 pm

Holy Moly, those are beautiful. Especially the last, that wonderful purple. So, when are you going to start selling the yarn you spin? To me, of course…

Comment by Mokihana

Made on Sunday, May 25th, 2008 @ 11:44 pm

Wow! Those are just beautiful!! You are spinning like lightning! What do your folks think of it?

Comment by pamela wynne

Made on Monday, May 26th, 2008 @ 5:19 am

damn, it looks so perfect and even and *squishy*! so impressive.

Made on Monday, May 26th, 2008 @ 11:27 am

LOL, “Bockstark Spins”.

Comment by Linnea

Made on Monday, May 26th, 2008 @ 2:16 pm

Oh, wow. Now I need to be contracting you to spin stuff for me.

Hey, I realized earlier today that I still haven’t sent out your roving. I’m sorry. It’s all boxed up and ready to go – I’ll stick it in the mail tomorrow before work.

Comment by Danielle

Made on Monday, May 26th, 2008 @ 4:07 pm

I’m with you — I’ve tried BFL twice, and it wasn’t love either time. I enjoy the merino (and merino blends) too. A recent fave is merino/silk…. mmm!

Comment by Chrissy

Made on Tuesday, May 27th, 2008 @ 2:08 am

My laptop is going to short out if you keep making me drool on it. Beautiful spinning!!

Comment by Knitting Bandit

Made on Tuesday, May 27th, 2008 @ 7:31 am

Wow! I have been behind in my blog reading, I’ll admit, I noticed your new title right off.Had to look twice! I can’t believe how quickly you’ve changed from a Fast, Funky Knitter to a Speedy Spinner of Sexy yarn! The Dance of the Dervish is my favorite to look at!

Made on Tuesday, May 27th, 2008 @ 2:25 pm

wow. those are amazing!!!!!!!

Comment by angel