GAH, I’ve been so bad

July 9, 2008 @ 3:55 pm

Twisted Fiber Art Cloudy in Ravelry (2ply light fingering)
Politically incorrect in Greg (2ply fingering)
Handspun hat modeled by Kelp!
About to N-ply the Lovesticks sw merino in Patina
All Spun Up sw merino in Chocqua

I’ve been so bad about blogging lately. Cuz it takes away from spinning! :) It’s been so long since I last posted a “real” post, I don’t even remember what it was about. How about I just fill this with pictures and make the text short. Let’s see….

I finished the Twisted Fiber Art Cloudy skein, I also finished the Politically Incorrect batt (that I started in May!). I am currently working on a Lovesticks sw merino navajo ply and a AllSpunUp sw merino 2ply. Both of them are delish!

As for knitting, I finished a handspun chullo hat for Michael, to match his handspun socks. I thought about crocheting a border around the edge, and did a few sts and decided I didn’t like it. He also hasn’t had time to model it for me, but luckily Kelp! came to remedy that problem. It was really great to meet her and talk about how much we hate Houston. Heh!

I am currently wrapped up in the HHHH swap. There are almost 100 participants and it is a lot of work to keep track of everything/everyone and try to match them up with someone you think they would like. Some of them I couldn’t, due to allergies and skill level, but hopefully it all goes well. I’m just keeping my fingers crossed. It looks like I have a great bunch of peeps, they are like my kids. It’s so rewarding when they post about the swap and enjoying the process of getting to know their pals!

Comment by Brandy

Made on Wednesday, July 9th, 2008 @ 9:06 pm

All of your handspun looks like you have been doing it for years! Gorgeous!! Great knitting too!

Comment by Sarah

Made on Wednesday, July 9th, 2008 @ 9:37 pm

I am continually awestruck by how gorgeous your handspun is. It makes me want to run home to my wheel right now, where some All Spun Up sw merino is waiting to be plied!

Made on Wednesday, July 9th, 2008 @ 11:12 pm

I feel your pain…as far as HHHH matching is concerned. Thankfully, this go round of SP12 I have a much smaller group than the 70+ that I had the last time I was your hostess. Have a great time with it…it can be very rewarding when it works!!

Your handspun is gorgeous!!! I’m so afraid to attempt to spin for fear it will eat into my knitting time. I’m hoping DH will lose the drop spindle and learn on a wheel so that he can start cranking out some yarn for me to knit! Wouldn’t that be grand!?!

Comment by Lauren

Made on Wednesday, July 9th, 2008 @ 11:32 pm

Wow, all your stuff looks so great! I love that Ravelry yarn. Nice job!

Comment by Opal

Made on Thursday, July 10th, 2008 @ 1:33 am

Gorgeous eye candy. You are a natural at spinning. :)

I’m having a great time with the swap. Thanks so much for hosting it!

Comment by Stacey

Made on Thursday, July 10th, 2008 @ 3:04 am

You haven’t been bad silly, you have been a spinning ROCKSTAR! Gorgeous, and love, love that hat! I so hope I can learn and then get in on the next swap;)

Comment by Heidi

Made on Thursday, July 10th, 2008 @ 5:33 am

lovely handspuns! I especially like the politically incorrect colorway, it’s so rich!