Done with my HHHH spinning

July 22, 2008 @ 9:54 am
Filed under: spinning

For my HHHH pal

I am finally done with my HHHH skein (click on picture for fiber details). It took me forever. Mostly because I was forcing myself to knit a scarf for a friend whose birthday has come and gone. And I’m still not done, but I’m almost there. Isn’t that sad – *forcing* my self to knit??? It would’ve been much more pleasurable if I was knitting in handspun, but she is not a handspun-full-of-color kind of person, so I am knitting it out of marisilk, which is one of my most favorite yarns and it *still* pains me to be away from the wheel. I am a very sick person. ;) I finally couldn’t stand not having a complete skein and just started spinning in limited amounts every day until it was done.

The final skein came out less hairy than I thought it would be, maybe the action of plying helped calm things down. I am very happy with it, although I made a skeinlet of navajo ply out of the leftovers and I think I like the N-ply better. Oh well. I hope my pal likes it!

Comment by Vicki

Made on Tuesday, July 22nd, 2008 @ 12:16 pm

That yarn is gorgeous! I’ve been lurking here for a while now, and your beautiful handspun is making me want to go buy a wheel!

Comment by Sarah

Made on Tuesday, July 22nd, 2008 @ 1:33 pm

I don’t think your HHHH pal is going to like it at all. I think you should send it to me instead.

Comment by Lauren

Made on Tuesday, July 22nd, 2008 @ 2:56 pm

They both look fabulous!

Comment by Rachel

Made on Tuesday, July 22nd, 2008 @ 3:28 pm

Gorgeous!

Comment by Saffron

Made on Tuesday, July 22nd, 2008 @ 6:30 pm

OMG! That’s so purty!!! all those purples and blues. :) Both are luscious! :)

Made on Tuesday, July 22nd, 2008 @ 8:07 pm

It sooooo pretty Kris! You are really good at this! :)

Comment by Opal

Made on Wednesday, July 23rd, 2008 @ 4:39 am

I just know your pal will love it. It’s droolicious. :-P

Comment by Shells

Made on Wednesday, July 23rd, 2008 @ 6:15 pm

You MUST be holding out on us, the navajo ply looks so fantastic! Your navajo plying looks like it really makes that yarn springy.

Comment by Danielle

Made on Wednesday, July 23rd, 2008 @ 11:08 pm

I love both skeins, big and little!

Comment by Zonda

Made on Wednesday, July 23rd, 2008 @ 11:16 pm

So beautiful!

Comment by deknit

Made on Thursday, July 24th, 2008 @ 10:38 pm

wow, this is so gorgeous!

Comment by juuli

Made on Wednesday, July 30th, 2008 @ 7:05 am

I like it, I like it! Am I your pal?

Comment by carla

Made on Thursday, July 31st, 2008 @ 6:02 am

I love those colors! And I like it spun both ways. Sometimes the fiber is just so beautiful, you can’t go wrong.

Comment by birchblanket

Made on Friday, August 8th, 2008 @ 4:28 am

(Clapping hands and singing like a schoolgirl)
So…I’m the lucky pal, I’m the lucky pa—al, I’m the lucky pa–al!

I nearly (insert crazy bodily function here)–ed when this arrived in the mail…I am SO LUCKY to have Kris for a fibrepal! She’s awesome, the yarn is awesome…and so are the lovely treats.

And…all the way from Germany. Wow. I’m kinda in shock…gonna just go pet this skein for a few days now, and carry it around with me…

Gorgeous. Divine. And so lovingly done, and packaged, and sent to my tiny doorstep. THANK YOU!

Forever your fibrepal…