Failed handspun hat

July 26, 2008 @ 7:31 pm

Wish it wsa softer!!

I have a couple of baby knits to do (and soon!) so I decided to make a handspun baby hat out of my N-ply yarn, but it is just not going to do. I spun it so tightly that it is very rough. I don’t think it will soften with the wash either. But look at the colors/striping!!! It couldn’t be more perfect. I think this just convinced me to do N-ply again soon. Back to the stash I go to choose another handspun.

This will be frogged and made into a bag or something that isn’t going to be next to skin. Really, I spun it THAT tight!!!

Yarn is handspun Lovesticks sw merino in Patina, fingering weight Navajo plied

Comment by reenie

Made on Saturday, July 26th, 2008 @ 7:45 pm

Wow- you are a good spinner.

Wish I had the patience to be that ‘exact’. haha

you rock

Comment by LisaK

Made on Saturday, July 26th, 2008 @ 8:14 pm

Gorgeous subtle colors there. It would make some good tough socks, if you have enough yardage.

Comment by Stacey

Made on Saturday, July 26th, 2008 @ 9:55 pm

aw, it is so pretty though! It will make a sweet little bag…breathtaking actually.

Comment by Linnea

Made on Saturday, July 26th, 2008 @ 10:11 pm

Oh, it’s very pretty yarn. I love the color changes. Will you please show me how to Navajo ply when you visit? [Singsong, tempting voice] I’ll let you use my WooLee Winder and extra bobbins… ;)

Also, how the heck did you manage to spin up that merino/tencel blend I sent you a while ago into such beautiful stuff? I broke some out this evening and had a heck of a time with it.

Made on Sunday, July 27th, 2008 @ 2:14 am

Wow! That’s definitely pretty stuff. Sucks that you have to frog it. :(

Comment by Katie

Made on Sunday, July 27th, 2008 @ 2:23 am

That is so sad. It looks gorgeous knit up! I found a new source for undyed fiber with some more exciting blends that I plan on ordering next month. I am certainly going to do this colorway by the boat load.

Comment by Brandy

Made on Sunday, July 27th, 2008 @ 4:11 am

That is some gorgeous striping though!

Comment by Sonia

Made on Sunday, July 27th, 2008 @ 5:12 pm

Love the color and stripes!

Comment by Opal

Made on Monday, July 28th, 2008 @ 7:15 am

Despite the texture, the visual results are magnificent. :)