First sock fatalities

July 31, 2008 @ 9:39 am
Filed under: socks

To the trash can…

It was going to happen sometime. My husband *really* wears his socks, so I”m actually surprised these lasted as long as they did (1.5 years). I gotta start cranking out more socks for him or he’ll have to wear regular tube socks *gasp*.

Comment by fbz

Made on Thursday, July 31st, 2008 @ 10:33 am

omg don’t throw them away! that’s what darning is for!!!!!!! fix them up in no time flat!

Comment by jiva

Made on Thursday, July 31st, 2008 @ 10:33 am

you could always use up some spare fiber and needle felt the bottoms for indoor socks. It would bind up the broken bits and thicken up the soles. /super thrifty

Comment by Opal

Made on Thursday, July 31st, 2008 @ 12:54 pm

Noo! Not tube socks! *faints*

Comment by Sarah

Made on Thursday, July 31st, 2008 @ 1:23 pm

Oooh, ouch! Perhaps a pumice stone (as well as new socks) is in order for Rockstar Husband?

Comment by Joansie

Made on Thursday, July 31st, 2008 @ 1:42 pm

Oh, it’s a shame to throw those out. Can they be mended with leftover yarn? They look so beautiful!

Made on Thursday, July 31st, 2008 @ 2:03 pm

To the trash can!?! *gasp*

Made on Thursday, July 31st, 2008 @ 2:25 pm

Those holes look pretty small – you could darn them….

Comment by Shells

Made on Thursday, July 31st, 2008 @ 5:43 pm

How about contrasting yarn colors and an afterthought heel? I guess in that case it is an after afterthought heel, but I think it would work!

Comment by heather

Made on Thursday, July 31st, 2008 @ 6:35 pm

Don’t throw them away…can’t they be fixed? I guess if they can’t be fixed they need a proper burial.

Comment by Shell

Made on Friday, August 1st, 2008 @ 12:48 am

You need a darning mushroom, they look mendable to me!

Comment by Carla

Made on Friday, August 1st, 2008 @ 2:00 am

I just bought a darning egg! They have to be pretty bad to hit the bin at my house! I do have a lot of pairs however so perhaps I should toss?

Made on Sunday, August 3rd, 2008 @ 8:32 am

:( nooooooo trash can… Your hubby definitely loves them to wear them out. Plus you put your love into knitting them…

Comment by Sherie

Made on Tuesday, August 5th, 2008 @ 9:58 pm

Oh, don’t throw them out — darn them! :) It’s really great that your hubby wears them so much though. Good for him! And you for knitting hubby socks (if yours is like mine = those are some big socks!)