Rock Star Husband speaks

September 16, 2008 @ 9:05 pm
Filed under: misc

There was a questionnaire going around for SO’s of knitters. I changed it a bit to include spinning. Here goes:

1) What is your favorite thing about my spinning/knitting?
I like how deep your knowledge goes, how you can talk about any aspect I bring up.

2) What is your least favorite thing about my spinning/knitting?
How upset you get when you make a mistake, or get the idea someone won’t like what you are making! Oh, and the knitting till 4 am thing, I’m not a big fan when you are a big zombie the next day! :D

3) What is something I have knitted, that you recall is good?
All my socks are wonderful, especially a brilliant blue one. And the sweater you made last May, I can’t wait for cold weather to wear it! The boys socks are great. Actually my favorite thing at the moment is my mountain hat…it served beautifully in the mountains this summer, it is the best hat I ever had.

4) Do you think knitters have an expensive hobby?
No, not compared to sailboating, golfing or recreational racing.

5) Do you have a stash of any kind?
If you mean things to use that haven’t yet been used, no, but I have a basement full of climbing gear in various states of repair.

6) Have I ever embarrassed you, knitting in public?
No, I like when you do that.

7) Do you know my favorite kind of yarn or fiber?
Wollmeise yarn. Merino fiber. I used to know more but I haven’t hung around your knitting friends lately!

8) Can you name another knitting or spinning blog?
SSK. And I know Ravelry, the heart of the knitting empire today.

9) Do you mind my wanting to stop at knit shops wherever we go?
No, but I find it hilarious how woefully unprepared the shop owners are for you.

10) Do you understand the importance of a swatch?
Hmm…to get the feel of the yarn?

11) Do you know the difference between tops and batts?
Thank goodness no.

12) Do you read my blog?
Sometimes, if I think there will be something about me or the boys or something. Otherwise it is “your world” and I want you to fly free.

13) If I didn’t knit, what would be different?
You would spend a lot more on camera gear.
And my socks would be standard issue, made in China, Wal-mart specials.
And I would cry.

14) Anything you would like to add?
You are using knitting as a lens to learn about so many things. I just want you to realize you are damn awesome at it and don’t sell yourself short. You do amazing stuff, dar!

Comment by Barb

Made on Tuesday, September 16th, 2008 @ 11:05 pm

Lucky you to have such a supportive spouse! He’s right, you know, you do amazing stuff:)

Comment by Micki

Made on Tuesday, September 16th, 2008 @ 11:45 pm

Rock Star Husband does indeed rock.

Comment by Stacey

Made on Wednesday, September 17th, 2008 @ 2:48 am

Nice little bit of inight from the SO – thank you for sharing, I may have to wrangle my husband to do this:)

Comment by Danielle

Made on Wednesday, September 17th, 2008 @ 4:49 am

Good answers, Rock Star! I like how most of the SO’s who have been interviewed identify the “something good” as something that was knit for them!

Comment by Angie

Made on Wednesday, September 17th, 2008 @ 11:50 am

Wow, I’m impressed by Rock Star! Does he have brothers?…. oh, wait, my husband would probably have an issue with that. Well, great job, RS, in any case!

Comment by alala

Made on Wednesday, September 17th, 2008 @ 1:22 pm

Wow. What a nice husband you have.

Comment by Sarah

Made on Wednesday, September 17th, 2008 @ 1:35 pm

Rockstar Husband is too cute! Hang on to that one!

I wonder if I can get my husband to do this meme …

Comment by WiscJennyAnn

Made on Wednesday, September 17th, 2008 @ 2:12 pm

The COOLEST!

Comment by kathy

Made on Wednesday, September 17th, 2008 @ 5:31 pm

Wow! He’s sooo Cooool! Does he have a brother? A clone? Lucky you to have such a great guy.

Comment by Oblivia

Made on Thursday, September 18th, 2008 @ 5:09 pm

So awesome! He does rock!

Comment by Mokihana

Made on Saturday, September 20th, 2008 @ 6:27 am

Oh man! He is amazing!!

Comment by mary

Made on Saturday, September 20th, 2008 @ 10:57 am

awww. sweet! Can I steal your husband? or does he have a younger brother?

Comment by Trish

Made on Sunday, September 28th, 2008 @ 4:08 pm

I just found your blog (via the moms of multiples group on ravelry) and I freaking love it! I subscribed to you right way.

Anyway, your DH is dreamy in supporting your knitting efforts.

And…I love the hats you made for your boys.

And…the things you spin are gorgeous!

Comment by Amber Lee

Made on Tuesday, September 30th, 2008 @ 8:51 pm

I love this, I have to have my husband fill this out!

Comment by sunblackstay

Made on Sunday, October 5th, 2008 @ 2:09 am

site greed elephant day girl man house car land this look woman

Made on Monday, October 6th, 2008 @ 5:42 am

Umm yeah your hubby is soooooo awesome!! My BF needs to take some lessons from your man. heheh. I love how he love who you are. You are a super awesome person to know and I am a better person because I know you. heheh cheesy, I know.

Comment by Jen

Made on Saturday, October 11th, 2008 @ 8:56 pm

Wow, Rockstar Husband is great , I mostly got shrugs when I tried asking the questions and we couldn’t agree if 3 kayaks in the garage count as a stash or not.