Huh? Halloween is over?

November 3, 2008 @ 12:12 am
Filed under: misc

We were oh so young
Michael and I in 1989

So, being in Germany, we didn’t celebrate Halloween. There is no trick-or-treating or dressing up. There are some stores that sell kinda Halloweeny things, but unless you know a lot of Americans, it just doesn’t seem like it exists. My poor boys, have only had one Halloween 3 years ago when they were 1. They probably will never go trick-or-treating. Kinda makes me sad. But ah well…

I uploaded some old pictures of me to flickr and one of them got a lot of attention. People thought it was our Halloween costume! That’s how dated it was. I had to laugh – our hair – so big! Check it out! This month we will have been 19 years together. Yep, nineteen. Freaky.

Comment by Nell

Made on Monday, November 3rd, 2008 @ 3:07 am

I love the matching bangs!

Comment by Sarah

Made on Monday, November 3rd, 2008 @ 3:52 am

Thank you for making me laugh out loud with that little trip down memory lane!

Comment by schrodinger

Made on Monday, November 3rd, 2008 @ 4:03 am

Wow! I can see why this one got so much attention! I was surprised when you said there’s no trick or treating in Germany, but now that I think about it, I only remember trick or treating when Dad was posted in the UK, never in Germany.

Comment by Trish

Made on Monday, November 3rd, 2008 @ 4:21 am

OMG! That picture is so awesome! What’s even better is that you’ve been together for so long and you look younger now than you did then. I shudder to think what my life would be like if I’d married the guy I was dating when my hair looked like that. You are one lucky duck!

Comment by Barb

Made on Monday, November 3rd, 2008 @ 6:06 am

Hah. What a great picture! Congrats on all the years together:)

Comment by Opal

Made on Monday, November 3rd, 2008 @ 9:40 am

Nineteen years is a great accomplishment! Congrats! Like Nell, I love the matching bangs. :)

Comment by Tanja

Made on Monday, November 3rd, 2008 @ 11:24 am

Mein Mann und ich kennen uns auch seit 1989 :-))

Und damals hatte mein Mann auch noch so schöne rote Haare wie Deiner – heute sind sie eher braun (aber auch schön…).

LG
Tanja

Comment by Micki

Made on Monday, November 3rd, 2008 @ 1:07 pm

It’s as if you were trying to outdo each other with the big hair… Congrats on 19 years!

Made on Monday, November 3rd, 2008 @ 3:35 pm

Teehee, that’s halloween alright! :-p

Comment by loopykd

Made on Monday, November 3rd, 2008 @ 5:58 pm

I really enjoy looking at you two over the years together. You can see how happy you are together. Except for that one where neither of you are smiling or acting like you even have smiles.

Comment by alala

Made on Monday, November 3rd, 2008 @ 7:30 pm

I’ve said it before, but Awwww. You guys are so darn cute.

Trick-or-treating happens here in my town, but more in some neighborhoods than in others. Maybe it’s happening in a part of Munich that has more Americans, or more young families, than Lehel does.

Comment by tini

Made on Monday, November 3rd, 2008 @ 8:48 pm

oooohhh cute!!!
We had 26 kids doing trick or treat here….

Made on Wednesday, November 5th, 2008 @ 3:50 am

Wow!! Congrats on being together for so long. That is definitely and achievement to be proud of. :)

Comment by Monika

Made on Saturday, November 15th, 2008 @ 2:27 pm

At least you have Fasching in Germany, something I think is so much more fun than Halloween, as you get to dress up for so many more weeks… and let’s face it, we have the kids go out and get candy, so we can take it away from them…. (grin)