Gotta cram all that spinning in…

December 2, 2008 @ 1:33 pm
Filed under: spinning

Handspun Twisted Fiber Art merino/tencel in Octarine
Twisted Fiber Art merino/tencel in Octarine (n-plied)
Handspun CMF sw merino in In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida
CMF sw merino in In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida (3ply)
Handspun All Spun Up sw merino in Elijah's Heart
All Spun Up sw merino in Elijah’s Heart (3ply)

because in 2 weeks me and my boys are going to Hawaii for a month! I cannot wait! I am not a winter person. I hate the morning routine of putting layers of clothing on, especially with the boys. Each piece of clothing = potential resistance and bribery. But I do love that each person in the household is wearing something handknit, if not handspun!

This trip to Hawaii is going to be great. My mom retired this year, so that means I will have more free time to do whatever! Wahoo! AND I will get to meet one of my spinning idols, Knotty Naomi, as well as get together with the Aloha Knitters. It will be really great to see them all again. And of course I will pig out on all the ono food. mmmm….my mouth is drooling already.

The downside (besides the fact that husband is not going) is that I won’t have a wheel there. I’ve even thought about buying a cheap one since I’m there for a month almost every year. But then it seems like a waste of money. I’ll just have to knit knit knit! I haven’t knitted hardly at all, so it will balance me out. I’ve been meaning to make some cowls for myself and the boys as well as more socks for the husband. AND I have to finish up the @#$%! candle flame shawl that I promised to do for my sis-in-law.

Speaking of spinning, here are some of my latest spins. I’ve been on a 3ply kick, I have no idea why. AND I’ve even done them in large quantities! I did 8oz CMF sw merino and 7oz. of All Spun Up sw merino. And apologies – I’ve been too lazy to make mosaics and post pics of the before and after!

If I don’t post again before I go, hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!

Comment by kristin

Made on Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 @ 2:13 pm

Ooo, that Elijah’s Heart is lovely!

Comment by Monika

Made on Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 @ 2:33 pm

They look all gorgeous, but my fav is the red one. Have a wonderful time on your trip!

Comment by Dave

Made on Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 @ 3:08 pm

Gorgeous yarn, but I love the reds, and the brown/green looks so peaceful.

A trip to Hawaii should make up for not going to LA, I think; yes?

Comment by Lauren

Made on Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 @ 3:59 pm

All just gorgeous!! Hawaii for a month sounds just fantastic, have a great time!

Comment by alala

Made on Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 @ 4:02 pm

All very, very beautiful. Have a great trip! (grumble, mutter, stuck here in Bavaria, grumble, grouse)

Made on Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 @ 4:07 pm

Your spins are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love to look at them…great job!!! Have a safe trip.

Comment by Chery

Made on Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 @ 4:38 pm

Your 3ply is wonderful! Have a good trip and visit with family.

Comment by Tanja

Made on Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 @ 5:38 pm

*sigh*
They’re all soooooooooooo beautiful…

Hawaii? Great! Have fun!

Comment by sandy

Made on Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 @ 5:55 pm

I love the red! Have a great time and a wonderful holiday!

Comment by Loopykd

Made on Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 @ 7:17 pm

That is some really amazing spinning. I love how it looks! Such beautiful colors.

Comment by Sarah

Made on Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 @ 8:07 pm

They’re all beautiful, but I love love LOVE that red!

Have a great trip, and send some of that Hawaii heat east, will ya?

Comment by Nell

Made on Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 @ 9:46 pm

I month in Hawaii?!?!?!? So jealous!

Comment by Shannon

Made on Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008 @ 11:11 pm

Beautiful work!

Your trip sounds fabulous. I’d love to go. I’d bet that Naomi will let you use her wheel if you need a quick fix!

Comment by Micki

Made on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008 @ 12:24 am

Spin! Spin like the wind! You’ll be so happy to be in Hawaii that you probably won’t miss your wheel (much).

Comment by Opal

Made on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008 @ 12:28 am

Gorgeous yarn, as always. I cannot wait to see you! It’s going to be so much fun!

Made on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008 @ 1:42 am

Great spinning! I’ve just dabbled back into spinning again and I’m finding it hard to balance between knitting and spinning. Right now, knitting is more important, since I have to finish up a couple of stuff. But spinning will be back with a whirl!

Made on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008 @ 2:30 am

WOW, what gorgeous handspun – you’ve done it again!:) Enjoy your wonderful trip to Hawai – what a great way to recharge as the new year approaches!

Made on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008 @ 3:05 am

dude!!! I sooo bow down to your mad skills!

Comment by Kim

Made on Thursday, December 4th, 2008 @ 3:17 am

I’m a big time blog lurker but you’ve drawn me out with your mad spinning skills. Amazing beautiful work!

Have a great time on the islands.

Comment by projektleiterin

Made on Thursday, December 4th, 2008 @ 5:30 pm

Oh wow! Your handspun is so regular, it could pass as machinespun yarn!

Comment by mydogpetey

Made on Friday, December 5th, 2008 @ 12:10 am

I love your spinning! That red is HOT HOT HOT.

Comment by WiscJennyAnn

Made on Saturday, December 6th, 2008 @ 9:30 pm

Pretty pretty pretty (3 for 3-ply) spinning! Happy holidays and bon voyage!

Comment by Lisa

Made on Monday, December 8th, 2008 @ 8:49 pm

Time to buy a drop spindle!

Comment by kelly

Made on Tuesday, December 9th, 2008 @ 8:30 am

Hawaii for a month – it’s the perfect time of year for the trip! The handspun all looks great, the CMF is my fave.

Comment by Jess P

Made on Sunday, December 14th, 2008 @ 10:43 pm

Oh wow, that’s some beautiful handspun. I am so impressed. The colors are fantastic! I also insanely jealous that you are able to spend a month in Hawaii. Especially since we’re in the middle of a blizzard.