Starting 2009 on the right foot

Filed under: spinning

Handspun All Spun Up sw merino in Hanauma Bay
All Spun Up sw merino in Hanauma Bay
Handspun All Spun Up merino/alpaca blend in Mauna Kea
All Spun Up merino/alpaca blend in Mauna Kea
Handspun FatCatKnits falkland in
FatCatKnits Falkland in “Of Royalty”

Hi everyone! Happy new year! It’s been awhile since I last posted, eh? I have been very lax about posting as well as reading y’all’s blogs. I decided to clear out my “cache” of unread posts and start anew for 2009. Let’s hope I can keep it up. So I apologize to you if I haven’t been commenting lately!

So, what have I been up to? I had a wonderful 4 weeks in Hawaii with my family. Christmas was great and the boys got a lot of new clothes! OK, they aren’t too happy about the clothes part, but I sure am! We went to the beach almost every day (even though it rained a lot) and the boys got a super wicked tan! They also got to tour the local fire station and they sat in the fire truck and got to see all their “stuff”. The firemen in Kailua are so nice! We also had a tour of the police department since a friend of ours is a detective. It wasn’t too interesting for the kids, but it was for the adults. Did you know that the Honolulu Police Department is one of the oldest in the nation? It was started 10 years before New York City’s! Also, their first police chief was a king – King Kamehameha III! Pretty cool. The boys got to sit in a police car as well as on the motorcycles, they enjoyed that a lot! My husband wasn’t able to join us on our vacation, but he was such a sweetheart and bought me an iTouch for Christmas even though I repeatedly told him we can’t afford it. I love it though, even though touching those tiny letters is a pain.

Also on my trip, I got to meet a couple of my idols – KnottyNaomi and hizKnits!!! I’ll save that for the next post, don’t want to overwhelm ya.

Since I was gone, I didn’t spin AT ALL for a month. It was torture. I missed my wheel terribly! All I want to do for a couple of days is spin spin spin! I forgot to post a few pictures of some finished spins so I’ll do that now.

I’m hoping that I will get off my lazy ass and start posting regularly. We’ll see…

Made on Friday, January 16th, 2009 @ 5:16 pm

Hey girl!! Happy new year to you too. Though I get a few more weeks till Asian new years. :)

I totally know what you mean, I’ve been a super non-blogger lately.

Love all your new handspun yarns, they are always so delicious!

Comment by Loopykd

Made on Friday, January 16th, 2009 @ 6:01 pm

Well when did you spin this stuff then? It’s gorgeous! I love the way you ply every time!

Made on Friday, January 16th, 2009 @ 7:13 pm

Welcome Home!!!

Comment by Sarah

Made on Friday, January 16th, 2009 @ 8:24 pm

I love how for you, a couple of days of spinning results in all that yarn! (They’re all beautiful, by the way.)

Comment by Micki

Made on Saturday, January 17th, 2009 @ 12:44 am

Welcome home! Your yarns are drool-worthy, as always!

Comment by Chery

Made on Saturday, January 17th, 2009 @ 4:21 am

I’m glad you had a good vacation with your family. And, I’m still in love with your handspun.

Comment by opal

Made on Saturday, January 17th, 2009 @ 7:51 am

those yarns are making me think of going back to my 3 ply. yum!

neat facts about hawaii!

Comment by Monika

Made on Saturday, January 17th, 2009 @ 1:57 pm

As usual lovely handspun yarn. My favorite is Mauna Kea! Your trip sounds great.

Comment by Barb

Made on Saturday, January 17th, 2009 @ 10:37 pm

Lovely yarns. 4 weeks went by so quickly! Hope you can come back soon.

Comment by Zonda

Made on Sunday, January 18th, 2009 @ 3:19 am

Welcome back sounds like a really great trip! Gorgeous handspun!!

Comment by Shannon

Made on Sunday, January 18th, 2009 @ 5:24 am

Glad you are back, I missed seeing your handspun and these are great!

Comment by Linnea

Made on Sunday, January 18th, 2009 @ 1:48 pm

Hey Lady! Welcome back! Sounds like you and the boys had an awesome time. Love the new handspuns!

Comment by Danielle

Made on Sunday, January 18th, 2009 @ 8:31 pm

Glad to hear that you’re scratching the spinning itch again! I’m off to go do the same now that I’ve seen your beautiful pics!

Made on Monday, January 19th, 2009 @ 1:57 am

Nice to have got to see you at SnB this evening….also nice to see that you’re still knitting after all. ;-)

Comment by naomi

Made on Monday, January 19th, 2009 @ 7:36 pm

you’re back! it was so wonderful to get to spend some time with you on the rock! now i wish i could go home every christmas so i can get together.

Comment by Jess P

Made on Wednesday, January 21st, 2009 @ 5:46 pm

Your trip sounds lovely! I’m glad you had a good time.

Comment by WiscJennyAnn

Made on Friday, January 23rd, 2009 @ 3:37 pm

As always, lovely. And lovely to have you back! Happy new year!

Made on Monday, January 26th, 2009 @ 9:00 pm

BTW, you’ve been nominated for a Blog award. Go see on my blog.