I did it!

February 18, 2009 @ 8:41 pm
Filed under: spinning

After wondering if my handspun is good enough and getting encouragement from Naomi and Opal, I finally opened an etsy store – http://bockstarkknits.etsy.com. I had to do something with all that handspun! Would you do me the favor – if you have an etsy account, would you please “heart” my store so that at least I feel like people are looking??? :) Yeah, I’m easy.

Comment by jiva

Made on Wednesday, February 18th, 2009 @ 9:28 pm

WAHRG! I wish I had a good reason to get some more of your yarn. I’m tight in the money department and have too much stash.

Comment by Monika

Made on Wednesday, February 18th, 2009 @ 10:20 pm

Congratulations! :o)

Comment by Trish

Made on Wednesday, February 18th, 2009 @ 11:26 pm

Congrats on the Etsy shop. I’m digging your super-chunky!

If you have any FOs with your hand-spun, I’d love to give you some love on my blog.

Comment by Elaine

Made on Wednesday, February 18th, 2009 @ 11:49 pm

Wow! Totally drool worthy yarn there! Absolutely gorgeous! Now I NEED to get a spinning wheel that much quicker!

I have a question though, and its been bugging me for a while now as I am starting to get into spinning with my drop spindle. What exactly do people do with only 100-200 yard of yarn? I can see using a few different colors for striping or for a small item, but what do people usually do with their handspun? I have about 75 yards at home that has just been sitting there because I have no idea what to do with it!

I just have to say one more time how gorgeous your yarn is!!!

Made on Thursday, February 19th, 2009 @ 12:02 am

Man, what an awesome idea! Keep spinning! That chunky is gorgeous – hell – they are ALL gorgeous!

Comment by Goldfishgirl

Made on Thursday, February 19th, 2009 @ 12:43 am

Well that was a no-brainer, of course I’ve faved your shop, your yarns are gorgeous! :) Best of luck with your sales, if my stash weren’t so monster-sized I’d buy some myself!

Comment by Angeluna

Made on Thursday, February 19th, 2009 @ 1:18 am

Consider yourself hearted. You are soooo easy. Your yarn is gorgeous.

Made on Thursday, February 19th, 2009 @ 1:47 am

Consider it done! Congrats!

Comment by Lauren

Made on Thursday, February 19th, 2009 @ 3:22 am

Hearted! But you didn’t have to do any arm twisting that’s for sure – beautiful stuff!!

Comment by Katie

Made on Thursday, February 19th, 2009 @ 4:21 am

Yay for you! Good luck. Your spinning is always beautiful.

Comment by stephen hizKNITS

Made on Thursday, February 19th, 2009 @ 4:42 am

hearted again!

I also mentioned my love for your yarn in the latest episode of Y KNIT with Kristine of A Verb For Keeping Warm.

You converted me to handspun! IOU more pics of the socks. #2 has turned the heel and is heading on up the leg.

Comment by ami

Made on Thursday, February 19th, 2009 @ 4:45 am

Congrats! I’ve been quietly destashing mine on Ravelry and I’ve got a bunch for sale at a LYS, but Etsy is a great idea. I hope you do wonderful. I’m going to go over and heart your store right away. Because I do heart it :)

Comment by Rachel

Made on Thursday, February 19th, 2009 @ 5:05 am

I’ve been hoping you would start selling your handspun. I covet just about every skein I see. Consider yourself hearted.

Comment by WiscJennyAnn

Made on Thursday, February 19th, 2009 @ 12:52 pm

Congrats! Beautiful stuff ;-)

Comment by Sarah

Made on Thursday, February 19th, 2009 @ 2:45 pm

Congratulations! I hope you have a lot of success (although I don’t understand why you don’t want to keep all that beautiful handspun for yourself. Maybe I’m just a selfish spinner!).

Comment by Jenn

Made on Thursday, February 19th, 2009 @ 4:47 pm

Beautiful! I’ve

Comment by Jamie

Made on Thursday, February 19th, 2009 @ 5:46 pm

Your Stonehenge was gorgeous! I’m jealous of whoever snapped that up!

Comment by alala

Made on Thursday, February 19th, 2009 @ 6:53 pm

Fabulous.

Comment by Shannon

Made on Thursday, February 19th, 2009 @ 8:34 pm

Hurray! you’ve been “heart”ed!

Made on Saturday, February 21st, 2009 @ 5:24 pm

YAY! Omg, I was totally going to ask you if I could trade or buy some of your stuff. :)

Made on Friday, February 27th, 2009 @ 5:42 am

I’m kinda late to the party but wow!!!!!! Congrats girl!!