Getting back into the knitting swing

February 19, 2010 @ 5:13 pm

Kiseki's Oriental Lily
Kiseki’s Oriental Lily – front detail
Kiseki's Oriental Lily
full view
WIP:  Cross Country Chullo in Wollmeise
Cross Country Chullo

So ever since I finished the shrug, I have found a lot of projects that I NEED to do! :) But I need to start with the “necessities”. The first up is a gift for my niece who is turning 1 in April. I knitted Oriental Lily in Sublime Yarns Extra Fine Merino DK. The pattern is fabulous – top down construction and she can wear it awhile since it would look good as a tunic as well. And the yarn, oh the yarn!!! I want to knit more stuff using their merino!!! It’s so divine, you would think it has some cashmere in it or something!

So now the next project I’m working on is a Cross Country Chullo for Michael. I’m doing the Anemoi variation. He lost his beloved handspun hat somewhere in Austria (shame on him). I can’t complain though, he has used that hat quite a bit and it has been on summits such as Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn and it was probably time for a new one anyways. I am knitting it using Wollmeise Spice Market dark and natur. I am quite pleased with it so far but my stranded knitting needs a lot of work. I think I’m knitting quite loose but it turns out a tad bit tight. I hope blocking helps! And then I’m planning to line it with fleece, which is a first for me. Thank goodness for the techKnitting blog, I don’t know what I would do without it!!

Comment by sandy

Made on Friday, February 19th, 2010 @ 6:37 pm

the hat looks great. Don’t worry blocking always works for me.
great to see you back.

Comment by tini

Made on Friday, February 19th, 2010 @ 7:55 pm

the tunic is great and the Chullo is coming along nicely.

Comment by Angeluna

Made on Saturday, February 20th, 2010 @ 1:23 am

Tunic is lovely. Ditto on TechKnitting!

Comment by Lynne

Made on Monday, March 1st, 2010 @ 11:04 pm

Welcome back to knitting. Your projects are beautiful. Congratulations on your self improvement, but we missed you. Hopefully you can find balance.

Comment by Stacey

Made on Tuesday, March 9th, 2010 @ 2:38 pm

I just love this sweet little dress – it will be perfect as she gets bigger with some leggings underneath – great project! And the hat – gorgeous!