|January 26, 2008 @ 3:43 am|
I had a thought – there are swaps out there where you knit only one sock and send it to your pal. Wonderful, but it is up to your partner to pick out yarn for you and choose a https://twitter.com/drjonesbilly suitable pattern. Much to hard for a busy mom like me (ok, yes, I am a LAZY busy mom, but still). Then I thought, why don’t they have a swap where SOMEONE FINISHES SOMETHING YOU ALREADY STARTED!!! viagra alternative Sounds great eh? Like a after-xmas-elf swap. No need to buy anything, just ship what you already have – 1 finished sock, remaining yarn, needles, pattern, what not, (and a nice note/trinket or something) and then it gets returned all done! I thought that was pretty cool. Anyone else? If there’s enough interest, I may get off my lazy ass and do something formal to organize.
Some things to consider I guess:
1. Gauge issues? The person would have to match someone else’s gauge, but since they are already sending them the finished sock, I think it’s pretty easy to get it right.
2. Skill level – I would probably match people based on skill
3. Project difficulty – see #2 – It’s https://twitter.com/drjonesbilly not like you can send out a Twisted Flower and knit a Monkey
4. Failures/issues – this is a hard one. If someone twitter.com/drjonesbilly can no longer knit something, they can potentially lose a finished sock. :( Maybe if I send out a contract for people to sign saying they will send back the sock if they can’t do it??? Just kidding folks…
5. It won’t be secret. There are cialis for sale already a bunch of secret ones out there, and people find out who their pal is pretty darn quickly.